Cart or wagon?

/ Cart or wagon? #11  
View attachment 717178

Shown with B26.

I find the little military trailer useful for the farm.
Cost $500
Lunette hitch best for off-roading.
Large wheels for easy rolling.
Surge brakes plus individual manual brakes for each wheel. Real safety feature using trailer. Often disconnect to load with the tractor FEL.
Swing and crank down tongue jack.

Easy transition from truck to tractor. Bring home mulch and use tractor to help place around blueberries and flower beds.
Fill with firewood in the woods with tractor then deliver to family with truck.

Lot of variations the military uses. Took awhile to find one with the features I wanted.

I like that, it looks like a very handy little trailer with a hydraulic dump feature as a sort of a bonus!

:D

/ Cart or wagon? #12  
I. Have a Bosski ATV Wagon. 2000 Utility ATV Wagon - Power Dump Cart, dumping ATV Trailer- Power RAM strongest, best, ultimate atv farm trailer, atv ranch trailer

It has an electric dump, and electric brakes triggered by the brake lights on your tow vehicle. Took a morning to wire into the tractor.

i usually tow it with the tiny dump truck, and load them with the Tractor, and FEL. Just moving rocks and dirt around my place.

The contractors I work with tease me about having the littlest dirt operation ever seen that doesn’t say Tonka. I’m thinking of ordering Tonka decals off eBay.

/ Cart or wagon? #13  
I made a trailer from an old Westinghouse engine drive welder undercarriage. It was from the late 30’s or 40’s. Very heavy duty and grease zerks everywhere and cast wheels. I widened it and but on a wood floor and side rails. Great for hauling wood or hauling tools for projects. I pull it with my Kubota RTV or tractor. Bad part is you can’t back them easily
IMG_0360.jpg

/ Cart or wagon? #14  
Went through this many years ago. Just limped along (couldn't justify the costs of the fancy stuff) by pulling a garden (dump) trailer behind the lawn mower; even used car/truck hoods behind the Kubota to skid stuff all over the place (nice thing about this is that it's easy to load and unload).

Got a neat, but in dire need of restoration, dual axle articulating pony trailer, for free! Often use it to haul crates of firewood and IBC totes.

/ Cart or wagon? #15  
Those front steer wagons aren't that bad to backup with, if you would like to make it a bit more difficult,
try backing this up 100 ft or so.
summer hay 2.jpg

or see if you can back this up;
IMG_20190704_152525751_HDR.jpg

/ Cart or wagon? #16  
I was waiting for someone to comment on the “you can’t back up a wagon.” That was a bold statement to make on a tractor website. .
Backing a wagon isn’t hard. Its just like backing a trailer, where all you have to do is steer the tongue; but just steer its tongue differently than you would a trailer’s.

Once watched the old man back a loaded hay wagon into a garage bay from a right angled, perpendicular approach, with a blind side and probably less than a foot clearance on each side.

Backing up a wagon that’s behind a baler or chopper is tricky. As long as you can keep the wagon tongue straight, possible for a short distance, but once tongue goes sideways, you get about 1 correcting move then it all over.

Backing up a wagon that’s behind another wagon. Forget about it.

I have an old running gear that when you’re pulling it straight down the road, the bent tongue is at about a 20 degree angle. Trying back that straight up! Forcing your brain to offset for the angle is really unnatural.

/ Cart or wagon? #17  
I was waiting for someone to comment on the “you can’t back up a wagon.” That was a bold statement to make on a tractor website. .
Backing a wagon isn’t hard. Its just like backing a trailer, where all you have to do is steer the tongue; but just steer its tongue differently than you would a trailer’s.

Once watched the old man back a loaded hay wagon into a garage bay from a right angled, perpendicular approach, with a blind side and probably less than a foot clearance on each side.

Backing up a wagon that’s behind a baler or chopper is tricky. As long as you can keep the wagon tongue straight, possible for a short distance, but once tongue goes sideways, you get about 1 correcting move then it all over.

I have an old running gear that when you’re pulling it straight down the road, the bent tongue is at about a 20 degree angle. Trying back that straight up! Forcing your brain to offset for the angle is really unnatural.

Backing a wagon behind a pickup is pretty hard but it’s no trouble behind a tractor where you can see what you’re doing.

/ Cart or wagon? #18  
Backing a trailer or wagon is much easier with a hitch on the front:
P8080016.JPG

/ Cart or wagon? #19  

A great many years ago the FFA groups used to go down to Cobleskill Collage for a day of various competitions that varied from dairy cow and beef cow judging to tractor driving. Along with welding and mechanical trouble shooting.
Some of the tractor driving competitions where backing up to a wagon tongue (without an adjustable tongue) getting the one inch hole in the wagon tongue to be in the proper distance to drop a hitch pin in when lifted off the ground and set on the tractor drawbar. And various other driving challenges. The one that really weeded out the operators was backing up the front steer wagons and placing them into simulated mows from the left and right sides. The trailer (manure spreader) backing up was something that most everyone did easily.
It was a long bus ride on those old school buses with no I-88 to get there on from our area.

/ Cart or wagon? #20  
If you're just looking for a sturdy cart for wood, leaves, tools, etc., I got one of these and couldn't be happier. I've dragged it all over behind my tractor and UTV, loaded to the max sometimes, and it's never had an issue. The handle easily switches from a hand-pull handle to towable. Really solid cart for the money.

1,400 lb Gorilla Cart

81HrtVhqpHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg