Case Farmall 75A review

/ Case Farmall 75A review
View attachment 661014

Ditch bank mower connected and ready to roll. Still have some adjusting to do to get it level though.

Here's a short video of the mower in operation. IMG_4196.MOV - Google Drive

It worked great. I have 4 different sections of creek bank I used it on, as well as the road. I turned it up 90 perpendicular to the ground and trimmed some tree branches back from the edge of the road too. So far no complaints. If the area is flat, you can almost set it and forget it. But many of the areas I cut had a drop off here and there, which caused the outside gauge wheel to drop, putting the blades in the dirt. It'll take a little figuring out where I can cut short and where I can't but luckily this slightly used mower came with a spare set of blades. :)

I ran the tractor for about 4 hours today. No low fuel warning. Maybe it's gone away permanently. No other issues. It continues to do everything I ask of it. Hours are just over 70 now. (about 60 of them have been running a rotary cutter)

/ Case Farmall 75A review #14  
Nice tractor and i really like your ditch bank mower,
I keep looking at them but haven't spent the money yet.
Did you get the straight 540 pto or the 540/540E.
In your picture it doesn't look like much room to the fenders for tire chains.

Nice tractor and i really like your ditch bank mower,
I keep looking at them but haven't spent the money yet.
Did you get the straight 540 pto or the 540/540E.
In your picture it doesn't look like much room to the fenders for tire chains.

I hated to spend the money on such a specialized piece of equipment that doesn't generate any income, but a couple weed-eaters, and lots of poison ivy and man-hours was the only other option.

I have the straight 540. With my regular 8' dual spindle cutter, the tractor never works hard and I know a E pto would have been useful. But, this was the one the dealer had on the lot, and I can't say I miss having E since I don't know what I'm missing.

Room for chains? Here in KY, I don't even know if I know of anyone that owns chains. I can measure the clearance if that is something that you'd like to know.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #16  
I hated to spend the money on such a specialized piece of equipment that doesn't generate any income, but a couple weed-eaters, and lots of poison ivy and man-hours was the only other option.

I have the straight 540. With my regular 8' dual spindle cutter, the tractor never works hard and I know a E pto would have been useful. But, this was the one the dealer had on the lot, and I can't say I miss having E since I don't know what I'm missing.

Room for chains? Here in KY, I don't even know if I know of anyone that owns chains. I can measure the clearance if that is something that you'd like to know.

Thanks for the offer to measure but I can just swing by a CIH dealer one day and check it out.
I know that I use my 540E as much or more then the 540.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #20  
Thanks. I wonder how many hours a year you need to put on a tractor for that to be be beneficial?