Case Farmall 75A review

/ Case Farmall 75A review #31  
IF, it's like any car or truck "these days", leave it set for a long time and your batt will be dead! There's always something using a small amount of juice, to slooowly drain the battery.

I use batt. maintainers to counter that...

SR
Or a disconnect if only used occasionally.

/ Case Farmall 75A review
Or a disconnect if only used occasionally.
All through summer I use the tractor weekly. (My farm is 1.5 hours from the house) We may have enough weeks of winter left to see if I'm going to need to do something different though- it's been so wet I don't want to track up the fields, so could still be a few weeks before I get it out. Hopefully the software patch fixed the issue.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #33  
Glad I found this thread. Last June, 2020 I bought the Case Farmall 65A. To start off I am very happy with this tractor. I bought it for brush hogging and snow removal on a 1000' driveway. Both have worked out well. I also found the battery low at each start up. But being new thankfully it always starts. At 50 hours My dealer (after I called him) let me know there was a factory recall on the computer reset and engine baffle to help keep debris off the engine. I think he said 4 changes but I forget. Steering has not been restrictive as noted by others so I feel no need to adjust the stops. One small problem is the seat alarm that kept going off when shifting around in the seat but with warmer weather or lots of use it does not go off as much. Today not at all. Also never had a fuel alarm go off.

Changing from Hydrostatic to Shuttle Shift was not what I wanted to do but, now I have learned how to make bucket work much easier.

The cab that keeps rain, snow, sleet and hot sun off me combined with heat in winter and air conditioning in summer plus the radio and bluetooth for cell phone had no bearing on my decision to buy this tractor! I think my wife believes that, maybe not.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #34  
Glad I found this thread. Last June, 2020 I bought the Case Farmall 65A. To start off I am very happy with this tractor. I bought it for brush hogging and snow removal on a 1000' driveway. Both have worked out well. I also found the battery low at each start up. But being new thankfully it always starts. At 50 hours My dealer (after I called him) let me know there was a factory recall on the computer reset and engine baffle to help keep debris off the engine. I think he said 4 changes but I forget. Steering has not been restrictive as noted by others so I feel no need to adjust the stops. One small problem is the seat alarm that kept going off when shifting around in the seat but with warmer weather or lots of use it does not go off as much. Today not at all. Also never had a fuel alarm go off.

Changing from Hydrostatic to Shuttle Shift was not what I wanted to do but, now I have learned how to make bucket work much easier.

The cab that keeps rain, snow, sleet and hot sun off me combined with heat in winter and air conditioning in summer plus the radio and bluetooth for cell phone had no bearing on my decision to buy this tractor! I think my wife believes that, maybe not.
Re your battery problem. I found out, going from my 50 year old John Deere to this new Kubota - these new units have a lot of power-sucking electronics that are never totally off. I solved that by putting a battery maintainer (NOT a trickle charger) on mine. A set of pigtails on the battery terminals leads to a port outside so plugging in the maintainer takes just a second and the tractor's battery is always at full charge.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #35  
Thanks. I wonder how many hours a year you need to put on a tractor for that to be be beneficial?
Both of my tractors have Economy PTO and I never take it out. I run primarily PTO implements including a 20 foot finish mower and I haven't found anything that EPTO won't turn. I like it because it's less wear and tear on the machine and a lot less noisy.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #36  
Thanks Deserteagle, I have a maintainer for my dump trailer and will use it on the 65A. I've seen the battery indicator go down to 10.5 V in cold weather but the tractor still started with no problem. Again it is a rather new tractor. a charged up battery will last a lot longer than one that keeps discharging.

It's been a while since I've updated- software patch, or new batteries, fixed the starting issue. No more problems with slow starts.

Grass and weeds are growing like crazy, so I've been back on mowing. 3 point attachments are getting easier to connect as my experience with each of them grow. I switched out the 8' rotary cutter for the ditch bank mower last week and it only took about 10 minutes to get hooked up. Not bad for a 2,000 pound implement.

Mowed some ditches, drop-offs at the side of roads, and edges of a couple small fields right at the tree line.

Also used it to pull a stuck 7,500 pound mini-ex out of a swampy area. But no pictures of that mess.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.JPEG
    IMG_1479.JPEG
    4.5 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1480.JPEG
    IMG_1480.JPEG
    4 MB · Views: 230
   / Case Farmall 75A review #38  
That ditch mower is really cool. I bet it would be awesome around the pond. I'll have to look for video of it on youtube.

I'll be back on it Saturday and try to get some more video. It's certainly not a "set it and forget it" implement- seems like whatever I'm mowing with it takes a lot of attention and adjustment, but these are also the areas that the only other way to mow would be with a weed eater.

/ Case Farmall 75A review #40  
Literature for 65A and C and 75A and C shows both cat 1 and 2. Using “build you own” it lists only cat 2. Can you or someone clarify this.