Comparison Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D?

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #1  

Wolverinefarm22

Tractor
Case IH Farmall 50A
Looking at both of these tractors for my last tractor purchase for a while. Will have a loader and be used to make hay and any chores around the farm. Seems like the Deutz may be a little overbuilt and last forever. Pros and cons? Any thought?

Edit: Both are cab and loader. Both dealers are 10 miles away. Deutz costs 3000 more.

Last edited:
   / Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #2  
What about the electronics between the two? That's the weak link these days.

SR

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D?
What about the electronics between the two? That's the weak link these days.

SR
Not sure much about the Deutz. Haven't been able to get to the dealer when they have been open. Been cutting hay and kids softball games all week. The Case 75a is a fairly basic cab tractor.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #4  
I think you are going to find the Deutz is a lot "nicer" tractor, nicer to run, but is it more reliable? That I don't know because I don't know anyone who has a newer Deutz to talk to.

I do have experience with the CIH JX models, and I "think" they are the same as the Farmall A series.

I've put a lot of hours on an open station JX65 and a cab JX95 and they are very basic tractors both have been fairly reliable but there are some things I don't like about them too. The 65 just doesn't have an abundant of torque at lower RPM's, but as the RPM's go up, it does have good power.

The 95 is turboed and does make good power and it is a very nice tractor to drive. The AC in the 95 sucks and always has, it's a poor design and useless. lol

All the Deutz I've run or owned have been older models, but the new ones sure look good. IF I had a good dealer close buy, I think I'd try one.

SR

I think you are going to find the Deutz is a lot "nicer" tractor, nicer to run, but is it more reliable? That I don't know because I don't know anyone who has a newer Deutz to talk to.

I do have experience with the CIH JX models, and I "think" they are the same as the Farmall A series.

I've put a lot of hours on an open station JX65 and a cab JX95 and they are very basic tractors both have been fairly reliable but there are some things I don't like about them too. The 65 just doesn't have an abundant of torque at lower RPM's, but as the RPM's go up, it does have good power.

The 95 is turboed and does make good power and it is a very nice tractor to drive. The AC in the 95 sucks and always has, it's a poor design and useless. lol

All the Deutz I've run or owned have been older models, but the new ones sure look good. IF I had a good dealer close buy, I think I'd try one.

SR
Thanks for the response. I have a farmall 50a open station and its been good aside from the clutch sensor i had to replace at about 220 hours which took probably 8 phone calls 2 dealer visits and several hours of online searching to rule out all the other potential issues first. Trading that and a kubota l2501 in or selling to go larger here. Ive heard from a few people working on oil wells the Deutz engines are spectacular and should outlive anything on the market.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #6  
That series of Deutz is very popular here, quite a bit more than the Case. People load them with hard working hours and I don't or hear much complaining. The Farmotion engine seems to be doing fairly well.

I did check the brochure between the European and US models and looks like the US models doesn't get the 31 MPH gearbox we get here but that may not be an issue for you.

These tractors offer some great features like wet brakes on all 4 wheels (instead of just the rears compared to most tractors) along with front and rear diff locks.

That series of Deutz is very popular here, quite a bit more than the Case. People load them with hard working hours and I don't or hear much complaining. The Farmotion engine seems to be doing fairly well.

I did check the brochure between the European and US models and looks like the US models doesn't get the 31 MPH gearbox we get here but that may not be an issue for you.

These tractors offer some great features like wet brakes on all 4 wheels (instead of just the rears compared to most tractors) along with front and rear diff locks.
That 25 mph is alright. I make one trip a year to my mothers farm to cut her hay. Usually by trailer but i don't have one big enough to haul either of these tractors which should weigh in around 10k with loader and rear weights or filled tires.

Ive never seen a Deutz at work but the specs look impressive in the 75hp class. The dealership nearby is farmer owned and they use new Deutz and an old White tractor for all their planting and hay work is what i was told over the phone last week.

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #8  
I have a 75A and like it pretty good but some minor quality control issues keep it from being great. I’d say if your dealer is good and close for the IH it’s a great tractor.

I sat in the Deutz at a farm show. I was all about it but the loader control is in a horrible location and there was one huge other negative I can’t remember, but sitting in one was a major turnoff for me.

I have a 75A and like it pretty good but some minor quality control issues keep it from being great. I’d say if your dealer is good and close for the IH it’s a great tractor.

I sat in the Deutz at a farm show. I was all about it but the loader control is in a horrible location and there was one huge other negative I can’t remember, but sitting in one was a major turnoff for me.
Are the quality control issues anything that should make me worry about it being my last tractor purchase for 20 years? I know the case ih 50a i have needed the clutch sensor replaced and just yesterday had the seat sensor light come on and had to disconnect and reconnect. Small issues but its been a good hay tractor

/ Case IH Farmall 75A or Deutz 5080D? #10  
I had a 2020 55A Cab purchased new. In that tractor we had 1) seat alarm issues 2) bad loader hyd couplers 3) front alignment issues 4) steering valve full replace. I had 225hrs when sold.

My uncles 2020 65A has had only one issue, but its been major and a giant pain in the ass causing visits nearly every month. The serpentine belt squeals and then snaps. Its happened probably 6-8 times. He's got 200hrs.

My 2022 75A with 15hrs has had a 1) blown radiator hose 2) Front alignment issues 3) Steering noise and leak in cab 4) loader curl drops visibly with load.

I like the tractor very much, it just has quality issues. The overall build quality "FEELS" great, but little bullcrap is the death of this machine. If they cant fix my new tractor to my liking I will be swapping to another brand unfortunately.