Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing?

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #1  

HomerGuy

Tractor
N/A
Why would someone have an implement with category 2 diameter pins on category 1 spacing?

I only ask because I just bought a used implement and didn't even notice this until I tried to connect it to my cat 1 tractor. The pin diameter is category 2 for the lift arms and top link, but they match the category 1 dimensions in the spacing.

What is the best way to connect this implement to my tractor? The lift arms connect to a clevis style mount. I was thinking of getting some of those cat 2 to cat 1 bushings.

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #2  
The previous owner was using it on a Cat 2 tractor, or a Cat 1 with a quick hitch.

Bruce

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #3  
Using bushings on a Cat 1 pin is the easiest solution. You probably will have to cut them to length. Spot weld or crimp the one next to the head of the pin to keep it in place.

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #4  
What is the best way to connect this implement to my tractor? The lift arms connect to a clevis style mount. I was thinking of getting some of those cat 2 to cat 1 bushings.
That will work if they are shortened to fit each side of the clevis mount. (y)

The bushing for the top link should fit OK.

Last edited:
   / Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #5  
Replace the pins with "cat 1" and move on.... Lots of people do strange thing to make something work, many time they void all the rules...

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #6  
Replace the pins with "cat 1" and move on.... Lots of people do strange thing to make something work, many time they void all the rules...
I don't think it's as easy as that if I'm reading the OP correctly.
Im curious what "rules" would be voided by using standard lift link adapter bushings on the implement pin bores rather than the tractor lift link bores? Is there an agency enforcing a set of rules that I have been unaware of?

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #7  
Why would someone have an implement with category 2 diameter pins on category 1 spacing?

I only ask because I just bought a used implement and didn't even notice this until I tried to connect it to my cat 1 tractor. The pin diameter is category 2 for the lift arms and top link, but they match the category 1 dimensions in the spacing.

If I'm reading this right the implement uses the clevis with pin meaning you need a smaller pin with spacers where it goes through the clevis mounts?

If so most likely it was cat 2/1 implement that doesn't use separate mounts. My box blade is made that way, its set up for cat.1 but has removable bushings pressed into the clevis mount to allow cat 2 pins to be used. The spacing is cat 1 with extra area in the clevis to get closer to cat 2 width if need be.

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #8  
My DK45S has a cat 1 top link and cat 2 lower links. Have a cat 2 quick hitch with a modified top link hole for cat 1. all of my attachments have the lower pins replaced with cat 2 diameter pins

/ Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #9  
I don't think it's as easy as that if I'm reading the OP correctly.
Im curious what "rules" would be voided by using standard lift link adapter bushings on the implement pin bores rather than the tractor lift link bores? Is there an agency enforcing a set of rules that I have been unaware of?
I read it as he has cat 1 equipped tractor and a cat 1 implement.... Only problem is cat 1 implement has cat 2 pins.... Seems simple enough, implement has wrong pins..... Rules (probably wrong term) that need no "enforcement" but just common sense is if its cat 1 use cat 1 parts, if its cat 2 use cat 2 parts, the is no mix and match....

What really is confusing is this statement.....

I was thinking of getting some of those cat 2 to cat 1 bushings.

What makes no sense is the statement about bushings unless he has cat 1 pins on implement and and need to have cat 2 to fit tractor.... Seems directly opposite to what his problem is...

Last edited:
   / Cat 2 diameter, but cat 1 spacing? #10  
The implement doesn't have pins, just cat 2 holes.

clevis style.jpg

Last edited: