Cedar tree extraction in Texas?

/ Cedar tree extraction in Texas? #21  
I have original cedar here on the farm. Got to be close to 100 years old. Hard, looks great. Would make an excellent something. Every once in a while in the back forty we find some posts. Still usable. Some of them with barbed wire still attached.

We can’t get cresote posts any longer so cedar is more desirable.

/ Cedar tree extraction in Texas? #22  
Cedars are basically an invasive species, they spread and soak up about 90% of rain under their canopy. They are as welcome around my ranch as an angry squirrel with a chainsaw.

/ Cedar tree extraction in Texas? #23  
I let them grow 15 years ago when I first bought my property but noticed they multiplied like mice so now I get rid of them. I save the posts if it's big enough. Several weeks ago I attacked an area I had been brush-hogging around. I thought...I should have done this years ago.

/ Cedar tree extraction in Texas? #24  
What good have you found for persimmon? We had a few that thrived for over 50 years I know about then finally they all died. Now quite a few new ones have grown up in the place of the old ones. I致e been thinking about clearing them out. Other than fruit, which I don稚 particularly like, what good are they?

Let me say I understand how invasive Persimmon can become if not managed. "Managed" in my case is not allowing land to lie fallow if there are persimmons nearby AND I plan to cultivate land in the future. "Managed" in pastureland is rotational grazing,with goats in rotation. If there's no problem with certain weeds,vines or woody plants,goats are never in rotation.
As to what good are they? It depends. If one has trees that do well over decades,natives like persimmon might not be an improvement. If you have explored our grand state,you are aware that few trees are adapted to more than 1/4th of state. Trees often survive 15 or 20 years only to be killed or severly damaged by weather,disease or insect. It is that respect that Persimmon can excel. If you saw mature persimmons suddenly dying in numbers,I wager if truth were known,I wager herbicide or uncontrolled web worms was the cause. Natives aren't for everyone but neither are fat girls. In part,that might be because both come in different flavors same as Cedar.