Celebrities I have met

/ Celebrities I have met #51  
My mom used to tell us kids a story about when she was on vacation with my Dad in Mexico. They were just married and no kids. She came down from the room early to get coffee in the restaurant and wait for my Dad to join her for breakfast.

My Mom was very pretty. She looked a lot like Elizabeth Taylor.

She comes down and standing all alone in the lobby was Jack Benny. She loved Jack Benny.

He was all alone just standing.

She goes up to him and says she is a big fan.

He gets all animated and starts talking. He seems really happy she stopped to chat.

They go to some chairs and they sit. After 10 minutes or so he asks where she was going. She says to get coffee.

So they both go to the restaurant, get a table and order coffee.

My Dad arrives and WHOA - what the - his wife is drinking coffee with Jack Benny! Never in the world was he expecting that scenario.

They order food but Jack Benny says he has to catch a cab and left a few minutes after my Dad arrives.

When the meal was over the waiter tells them “Mr. Benny took care of the bill”.

It was definitely her most cherished story.

MoKelly

/ Celebrities I have met #52  
My mom used to tell us kids a story about when she was on vacation with my Dad in Mexico. They were just married and no kids. She came down from the room early to get coffee in the restaurant and wait for my Dad to join her for breakfast.

My Mom was very pretty. She looked a lot like Elizabeth Taylor.

She comes down and standing all alone in the lobby was Jack Benny. She loved Jack Benny.

He was all alone just standing.

She goes up to him and says she is a big fan.

He gets all animated and starts talking. He seems really happy she stopped to chat.

They go to some chairs and they sit. After 10 minutes or so he asks where she was going. She says to get coffee.

So they both go to the restaurant, get a table and order coffee.

My Dad arrives and WHOA - what the - his wife is drinking coffee with Jack Benny! Never in the world was he expecting that scenario.

They order food but Jack Benny says he has to catch a cab and left a few minutes after my Dad arrives.

When the meal was over the waiter tells them “Mr. Benny took care of the bill”.

It was definitely her most cherished story.

MoKelly
That is a great story!

/ Celebrities I have met #54  
A regionally famous seafood restaurant and bar that was my home away from when I was not working out of town was a big attraction for any celebs visiting the area (Tampa Bay) etc...
The walls are cluttered with pics of famous people of all ilks eating there...I can't say I personally met a bunch but one exception was Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage...they would come in and sit at the bar...(Hogan lived just up the beach)...they would sit and shoot the bull like regular guys (just really big guys)...

I did get to meet some of the cast of Cocoon...did some contract work on the house with the swimming pool...one of my subs was a SAG member (worked the lights at local venues) and ended up being the stunt double for Wilford Brimley making the dive into the pool...they gave him one of the cocoon props (it's pretty cool)...also got to meet Brian Dennehy and Don Ameche...

BTW...the funniest line in that movie was in the pool when Wilford Brimley's character says..."...like blue steel...cat couldn't scratch it"...!

/ Celebrities I have met #55  
Gordie Howe. I was at a free skate with the Whalers as a 13 year old; just messing around stickhandling. Suddenly out of nowhere I got elbowed to the gut, fell on my ass, and Gordie Howe stood next to me laughing. He helped me up and we talked hockey, interests, school. We posed for a picture and he squeezed the back of my neck - thought my head would pop. Gordie must have given me only 10 percent on the elbow otherwise he would have demolished me. Fond memory.

/ Celebrities I have met #56  
This has been great reading...

One of my better stories is... I had the opportunity to meet Mark Messier (hockey player) but no where near the ice rink... I was in the Harbor Islands in Bermuda fishing for Blue Marlin (which is a story of its own.... was invited... right place.. right time); 3 of us flew in & our Captain, his boat & the first mate came out of Islamorada, FL to meet us there for 10 days of fishing... On our 2nd day out we had another beautiful fishing vessel (I think a 46 footer) running Parallel with use. Our Captain knew the boat & the Captain of the boat... it was out of S.C. at the time... (boats name excluded)... it was Mark's. Later that day we met at the docks & they got to talking... next thing I new I was tearing apart Mark Messier's boat. They had hit some rough seas on the way down & none of the entertainment electronics (Sat TV, radios) were working... Well one of the guys I was with volunteered me to the Captain to look at it for them (kind of my job... kind of).
Well the boat was a mess (wired by a blind guy... I think) with no real tool I did manage to get things working 3hrs later... The whole time Mark was there & was really cool for having a stranger tear apart his boat... for the next several days our two boats fished together... we all went out to eat together a couple of times.. & Mark came over on their last night there & thanked me & then handed me a "official" NFL sponsored t-shirt... it was printed for his boat... It was pretty cool... still have it to this day... He was a really great guy...

/ Celebrities I have met #57  
Gordie Howe. I was at a free skate with the Whalers as a 13 year old; just messing around stickhandling. Suddenly out of nowhere I got elbowed to the gut, fell on my ass, and Gordie Howe stood next to me laughing. He helped me up and we talked hockey, interests, school. We posed for a picture and he squeezed the back of my neck - thought my head would pop. Gordie must have given me only 10 percent on the elbow otherwise he would have demolished me. Fond memory.
Oh, I miss the Whalers... as a paperboy for the Hartford Courant we would win tickets to the game often...

/ Celebrities I have met #58  
I grew up and went to school with Cindy Crawford, she was 1 year behind me. She was a co-captain and captain cheerleader. We ran track together for one year. Haven't talked to her since probably 1986. Yes she did cheer for me for a couple years, but probably has no clue who I am anymore. Lol

/ Celebrities I have met #59  
I grew up and went to school with Cindy Crawford, she was 1 year behind me. She was a co-captain and captain cheerleader. We ran track together for one year. Haven't talked to her since probably 1986. Yes she did cheer for me for a couple years, but probably has no clue who I am anymore. Lol

OMG!!! Did you read my post #12? I am jealous.

MoKelly

/ Celebrities I have met #60  
I spoke to Sandra Bullock through the speaker at the gate to her house one time. Does that count? Turns out she does not care that I have a hall pass. :ROFLMAO:
played your cards better could you have had a bedroom pass? :ROFLMAO: