Cell phone ALERT

/ Cell phone ALERT #21  
We have had alerts for weather and missing kids. The weather alerts were for Tornadoes which I would rather receive, and thankfully, we don't get many. We have had a few missing kid alerts, and again, thankfully, not many. Thing is with a kidnapped person that is traveling by car, as time goes on, the area they could be in grows dramatically. We have also gotten automate call from the Sheriff when they are chasing people in our area or close to our area. That goes to the house phone though not cell phones.

The alarms in the middle of the night are a PITA but they have all been for weather which I would like to know about. No different than having a weather radio.

Later,
Dan

/ Cell phone ALERT
I can see your point, dmccarty. The only real alert of any concern out here. Five years ago - late summer - big wildfire burning towards us. The State Police came to my door and advised me. Darn near knocked the door off its hinges. He WOULD NOT leave my yard until I was following him in my pickup. Fortunate, wind shifted at the last minute and efforts of local farmers stopped it. The Watermelon Hill Wildfire.