Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota

/ Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota #1  

tractorcrazy

Silver Member
How hard is it to change tie rods .after i get the nut off how do i get them out of there place

/ Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota #2  
How hard is it to change tie rods .after i get the nut off how do i get them out of there place
Wedge, most parts stores loan them.

best,

ed

/ Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota #3  
We always called the tool a "pickle fork" in the automotive trade. There are a couple different sizes - width between the forks and angle of the wedge but all work the same with a good drilling hammer.

/ Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota #4  
Yes on different sizes. We used to call the one with the larger space between the forks a ball joint wedge and the smaller a tie rod wedge. A roughly 2lbs hammer works well for hitting the drive end. I have had a couple that fit an air hammer, but some yahoo always seem to get in my tool box and hit them a hammer, for some reason they did not hold up to that treatment, I frequently found them broken.
You can usually rent the forks from a parts store.
Some guys always like to hit the joint with a hammer, but you can damage a joint and have to replace more parts.

/ Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota #5  
You can buy an inexpensive set on Amazon for $39.

May not be everyday repair use quality.. but if I had to do the tie rods on my tractor, I'd pick a set up and give it a go...

/ Changing tie rods on a L4310 kubota
Thanks for all the replys i appreciat it