cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H Deere 5105
I need to make a tool to turn my Woodmaxx chipper's flywheel by hand for working on the blades. I can't turn it using the pulley.
I can weld a 1/2" socket to a female PTO adaptor but I'd rather not buy a $40+ coupler. So far the cheapest I have found is this
Pto Adapter Quick Release , pto adapter
I'll need to grind off the splines and the coating on the end. I don't need the quick release but it won't hurt.

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

Thanks

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler #2  
If you can weld, make one of these from stuff in your scrap metal bin. pto wrench.jpgimages (4).png

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler #4  
Anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

I thought of this type, but didn't find any cheap ones.

HY-1320-Standard-PTO-Coupler.jpg

mwr6wxdXXZxfSsxKs0BYlZw.jpg

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler
Thanks. The tool zzvyb6 posted wont' work with out mods due to a PTO shield. But it gave me an idea for a different design that I might have materials for already.

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler #6  
If the PTO spline has a hole through it, slip a piece of tubing over it with a hole drilled for a pin. :thumbsup:

download.jpg

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler #7  
Just a piece of pipe slipped over the pto with holes drilled in the proper places for bolts/round stock or flat stock to go through and a handle is easy enough, even a pipe wrench will work for a handle.

SR

/ cheapest female 1 3/8 PTO coupler #8  
Just a piece of pipe slipped over the pto with holes drilled in the proper places for bolts/round stock or flat stock to go through and a handle is easy enough, even a pipe wrench will work for a handle.

SR

Maybe something like this:

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 88