CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #1  

sw03

Veteran Member
Looks like Amosil, Redline, Mobil Delvac, Rotella T6 loves are all wrong! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Per Kubota's website:

Q:
I can't find diesel engine oil-rated 10W30. Can I use 15W40?

A:
"Yes, many of our customers use 15W40 engine oil in their Kubota diesels. Just make sure whatever oil you use has an API rating of CF or higher. (DO NOT USE CJ-4)

Just had to laugh..

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #4  
Looks like Amosil, Redline, Mobil Delvac, Rotella T6 loves are all wrong! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Per Kubota's website:

Q:
I can't find diesel engine oil-rated 10W30. Can I use 15W40?

A:
"Yes, many of our customers use 15W40 engine oil in their Kubota diesels. Just make sure whatever oil you use has an API rating of CF or higher. (DO NOT USE CJ-4)

Just had to laugh..

I just Googled "Kubota engine oil recommendations", and there is nothing about CJ oil in quotes in the recommendations. It says to use an oil of CF or higher.
unless you can give us the site where you found this to prove it that is a disgusting thing to post. if someones equipment has a particulate filter or other pollution control devise using the wrong oil can destroy it

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #5  
I just Googled "Kubota engine oil recommendations", and there is nothing about CJ oil in quotes in the recommendations. It says to use an oil of CF or higher.
unless you can give us the site where you found this to prove it that is a disgusting thing to post. if someones equipment has a particulate filter or other pollution control devise using the wrong oil can destroy it

Frequently Asked Questions

its like the fourth or fifth question down on the page.
Interesting.. also interesting that you can't run propylene glycol coolant...

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #6  
You have to tab over to "Service" on the above link.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #7  
The first CJ-4 oils were not backward compatible due to the different additive packages developed specifically for Tier IV emissions compliant engines. In most instances, oil blenders and packagers are now listing CJ-4 oils as being fully backward compatible.

My guess is that when printed, Kubota's recommendation NOT to use CJ-4 oils was valid (NH had a similar recommendation that has been rescinded). Not being in the loop concerning Kubota technical information, my opinion is no more than that, an opinion.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #8  
If I remember correctly CJ-4 is not recommended for use with high sulfur fuels that can still be ran in stationary off road diesels. I would guess you'll be fine if you put it in your tractor and run only ULSD. I would also guess that what you are reading is Kubota's general guidelines and since they sell more than just tractors they are going to stay on the safe side.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #9  
If I remember correctly CJ-4 is not recommended for use with high sulfur fuels that can still be ran in stationary off road diesels. I would guess you'll be fine if you put it in your tractor and run only ULSD. I would also guess that what you are reading is Kubota's general guidelines and since they sell more than just tractors they are going to stay on the safe side.

That may be more to the point. But high sulfur fuel and LSD are becoming less and less available in many areas as ULSD becomes the only product on the market, be it dyed or not, or even sold as HHO.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #10  
The site he found does say that, I find it weird that they would not have it on all their service sites. same question is asked just the part about CJ oil is different. My apologies.