toddbiss

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti CK20hst
ForumRunner_20140928_175639.png

ForumRunner_20140928_175708.png

ForumRunner_20140928_175727.png

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #2  
I am going to buy me a band sawmill when I retire in a year. I have moved some pretty big logs with my CK20S, but I have run out of tractor on several occasions. Having said that, I sure love my little tractor. What kind of mill is that. I am looking at the Norwood 36HD. I like the fact you can add stuff to it as you need it.

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #3  
Band mills sure are handy.

If you're in the market check out sawmilltrader.com lots of nice mills posted there.

Nice pics, but I would like to say that in my opinion, your young one is too close to something that has the potential to be life threatening. I grew up farming and skidding logs and running saws myself, and I had never even heard of a lot of the safety equipment that existed then until after I moved away. I was lucky. Knowing what I know now, I'd never let anyone be that close to something that heavy and suspended.

Just my .02, please don't take offense.

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #5  
Looks like the little guy was safe from moving objects. He's the GOOD future of the USA. He'll know how to DO things rather than WATCH things happen.

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #6  
What motownbrowne said about the child. No one should be that close to the log suspended on forks. Brake could pop, hydraulic line could burst, letting the load drop, etc. Why take preventable risks with a child's safety?!:confused2:

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #7  
I am going to buy me a band sawmill when I retire in a year. I have moved some pretty big logs with my CK20S, but I have run out of tractor on several occasions. Having said that, I sure love my little tractor. What kind of mill is that. I am looking at the Norwood 36HD. I like the fact you can add stuff to it as you need it.

The Norwood saws are nicely built , their factory is just down the road from me and I have been by several times to check out the saws. An friend of mine has one and is very happy with it.

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill.
Thanks for the safety advice but the picture is a little deceiving, the bucket is on the ground with the log rolled up leaning against the mill. Anyway the mill is a Ross Bandmill, I was going to get a Norwood but got a deal on this one so figured I can get the hang of it and see if I want a bigger one.

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #9  
What motownbrowne said about the child. No one should be that close to the log suspended on forks. Brake could pop, hydraulic line could burst, letting the load drop, etc. Why take preventable risks with a child's safety?!:confused2:

In 2010, there were an estimated automobile 5,419,000 crashes (30,296 fatal crashes), killing 32,999 and injuring 2,239,000. We should not put our kids in a cars. On average in the United States in 2010, someone died in a fire every 169 minutes, and someone was injured every 30 minutes. We should not let our kids stay in houses either.

I am not trying to start an argument, and I am just giving you a hard time all in fun; however, I do feel we need to have our kids out with us doing stuff. It is how they learn. By the time I was ten, I could operate our farm tractor. By the time I was fourteen, I would drive our 10 wheel grain truck from the field to the grainery. The skills I learned as a child have served me well. I have never been on welfare and I have always had a job. Was the little boy a little to close? For certain, but I am sure his dad told him to move back as seen in the next picture. We do our kids a disservice by keeping them in a bubble. Ok, I am ready. Let me have it. :soapbox:

/ ck20 lifting logs onto the mill. #10  
Yea, I am gonna let you have it. I think it is great that you are involving him and teaching him. My dad let me run a 580 case loader when I was 7, I could not even steer it without standing up. But he showed me how to safely operate it and made sure I could do it. I hauled a lot of wood with him and my grandpa. Had me driving a truck by myself when I was 10. So like you I thank my Dad for showing me how to be safe and not do stupid things where I could get hurt. I know for a fact that video games teach nothing to do with reality. So Great job!! CJ