ck20 transmision problem

/ ck20 transmision problem #1  

lagunitas

my ck20 high/ low range, and gear change, as well as the 2 wheel 4 wheel drive shift, require me often to , to engage the tractor ( move it a tad ) before it shifts. I have been told its a synro/ issue and will get better with use. "Koiti builds them tight" I have 120 hours on it
Any others have this experance and or opinion?

Thanks

/ ck20 transmision problem #2  
hmm, I have almost 450 hours on my CK20H...either I don't have the same problem or it did "break in", but my HI/LO gear shifts effortlessly, and the 4WD lever is stiff, but still shifts pretty easily.

/ ck20 transmision problem
Thanks Mathey... perhaps the gears are Tight. Based on all of my drive change motions (gear change, H/L change and 4x2 change sometimes not going into gear until i move the tractor it may well be the syncro needs ware and in time it may well get looser ... thanks for you reply

/ ck20 transmision problem #4  
I have about 110 hours on mine and I occasionally have to move mine a tad to shift between HI/LO.

/ ck20 transmision problem #5  
<font color="blue">
my ck20 high/ low range, and gear change, as well as the 2 wheel 4 wheel drive shift, require me often to , to engage the tractor ( move it a tad ) before it shifts. I have been told its a synro/ issue and will get better with use. "Koiti builds them tight" I have 120 hours on it </font>

To one extent or another, that pretty much happens on every brand and every model I've ever been on. Gear or HST. It is not uncommon, when changing gear range, or to a lesser extent when shifting into 4wd, to have to 'bump' the tractor to get it to engage.

As for it getting better with use, you better check your oil for metal shavings. If it is getting 'better' with use then you are shaving the gears down and that is really not better!!!

/ ck20 transmision problem #6  
As Bob said, this is a common problem on all brands and is nothing to be concerned about. On Kioti models, when shifting between ranges, if you have resistance, press in the clutch, and push the HST pedal and let off, it should easily shift after that.
For the 4WD, it's usual to have to move up a bit and try again, and also keep all the linkage well-lubed. If you have really difficulty changing into or out of 2-4WD, if you have a loader, you can lift the front just a bit and change it easily.
John

/ ck20 transmision problem #7  
Good suggestion for my CK30HST as well. Thanks KJ. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ck20 transmision problem #8  
goodafternoon my 2009 ck20 is whining when i engage the hst pedal it will move forward and backward but as i increase pedal it seems to lose all pressure and stop moving, sit for 30 seconds it will move but ofcourse whines loudly any thoughts

/ ck20 transmision problem #9  
Welcome. You’re responding to a 2005 thread, so probably wouldn’t get a response from those involved. However, bring us uptodate with your issue. Let’s start with the simple things first. Are you the original owner? How many hours on the tractor? Is it stored inside? Have you checked the HST oil level? Has the HST been serviced, oil and filters, how many hours on the current oil and filters? …