CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED???

/ CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED??? #1  

Klipper

Tractor
2018 Kioti CK2510
I changed the HST filter and the Transmission filter but can only find one dip stick and ONE place to refill. Are they both filled from the same filler neck?

CK2510.png

Last edited:
   / CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED??? #2  
The transmission and rear end on a tractor, acts as reservoir for the entire hydraulic system, including the HST. There is no separate tank for just the HST as the fluid is shared in the hydraulic system.

That's why you have just one dipstick, it's all it's needed.

/ CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED???
Ok - after a while that is what I thought - I guess I am the second "dipstick".... :ROFLMAO:

/ CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED???
FYI - I had he same problem many people do with the Kioti 50hr service and that was TRYING TO REMOVE THE SUPER TIGHT FILTERS!!! :mad: I broke my filter wrench trying to get the transmission filter off using it and a 3 foot pry bar!

So my friend loaned me this simple strap wrench and it connects to a 1/2" drive - i used a long 1/2" breaker bar and it came of SUPER EASY. This is the best wrench I have ever used for this type of situation, and they are CHEAP. I highly recommend buying one for your toolbox.

wrench.png

/ CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED??? #5  
It's kind of ironic that the factory filters come way overtight when, most times, the label on the OEM filter will say the torque required. Turns out it is still not that obvious for whoever install those things at the factory. 🤣

/ CK2510 50hr service - HST and Transmission oil - CONFUSED??? #6  
From what I've read I think it's because they paint over the factory filters, so that first time you have to break the paint seal as well. Some people have mentioned cutting around the base with a razor blade helps.