CK2510 seat redo

/ CK2510 seat redo #1  

SCWOOD

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800 Kioti CK2510H
My locale Upholstery guy recovered my seat with marine grade vinyl.I chose gray to be a little cooler.The original vinyl was thin and tore in two places.He charged $80.00.
seat.JPG

/ CK2510 seat redo #2  
Looks good!

/ CK2510 seat redo #3  
Better than new!! I need the same done! I need to find a great upholsterer

/ CK2510 seat redo #4  
That's about what I paid for a new seat for my DK45 back when it began to poke me. I bought a NOS Kubota seat for my Kioti on ebay. I've done many motorcycle seats-how did they get the vinyl to follow the curves of the depressions in your old seat? Was it heated during the glue job or what? In my experience contact cement tends to not stay stuck so well in high UV exposures. Without trying to be a naysayer here, I wonder if it will sty down in those depressions?

/ CK2510 seat redo
That's about what I paid for a new seat for my DK45 back when it began to poke me. I bought a NOS Kubota seat for my Kioti on ebay. I've done many motorcycle seats-how did they get the vinyl to follow the curves of the depressions in your old seat? Was it heated during the glue job or what? In my experience contact cement tends to not stay stuck so well in high UV exposures. Without trying to be a naysayer here, I wonder if it will sty down in those depressions? He said he peeled the old vinyl off.This guy has done several jobs for me including my Kubota BX seat years ago held up better than new! He knows where to put seams for give.

/ CK2510 seat redo #7  
I have two tears in my seat; repaired with Gorilla Tape. Works OK.
I'm not happy with the seat overall. The back reclines too much. My BIL just bought an LS MT225. What a nice seat. Arm rests (adjustable for height), adjustable seatback. I think I'm gonna get/make a cover in a light color. The black is too hot in summer.