CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong.

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #1  

ratpie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610 HST
is there a reset for a tachometer that just started reading 20k over the actual RPM?
the 1st pic is with the key on but tractor not started.
the 2nd pic is of the tractor at min idle.
20210825_194327.jpg
20210825_194227.jpg

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #2  
Disconnect the negative Battery Terminal for 5 minutes, then hook it back up. This often clears the "noise" and resets the tachometer.

Hope this helps,

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong.
Disconnect the negative Battery Terminal for 5 minutes, then hook it back up. This often clears the "noise" and resets the tachometer.

Hope this helps,
thanks a bunch. fixed the tach issue, but the hst still feels clogged. guess i get to take it to the shop tomorrow. i'm sure they'll try and blame me for some hyd fluid thing. fluid levels are good and fluid looks good. air filter doesn't have mice or birds in it. lol oh well. life's a *****, and then you have to fix your toys.

also, does the 2610 have a odbc port? all i can find is the main fuse by the radiator cap.

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #4  
The CK2610 Does not have a port, no ECU in the CK2610. If you have a habit of setting the parking brake, make sure the brakes are completely releasing. We have seen several times that the brakes become stiff and don't completely release when the pedal is released. This causes loss of performance with the HST.

Hope it helps...

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #5  
The CK2610 Does not have a port, no ECU in the CK2610. If you have a habit of setting the parking brake, make sure the brakes are completely releasing. We have seen several times that the brakes become stiff and don't completely release when the pedal is released. This causes loss of performance with the HST.

Hope it helps...

^^^^ This is good advice. Don’t ask me how I know.

MoKelly

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #6  
^^^^ This is good advice. Don’t ask me how I know.

MoKelly
My MF1250 would stall if I let out the clutch with the parking brake on. My DK4510 doesn't even seem to notice. I have learned to look at the dash lights now when putting it in gear. 😁

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #7  

Hope it helps...

My MF1250 would stall if I let out the clutch with the parking brake on. My DK4510 doesn't even seem to notice. I have learned to look at the dash lights now when putting it in gear. 😁

After the first couple of uses, my CK35 would barely move then stall the engine completely. Restart and it would be fine for a bit. Finally figured that Parking Brake wasn't always fulling releasing even though I pressed it and the light was off. Hasn't done it again after the first 3-4 times.

Weird that a parking brake can cause a stall (with linked pedal), but pushing against a tree with no tires slipping won't.. 🤷

/ CK2610 HST power loss and RPM reading wrong. #8  
For hst power loss also be sure you don’t have a remote stuck ON. Caused me a lot of problems for about 1/2 hour. Someone on a FB site burned up their entire hydraulic system, $5k to fix.

today i changed fluids, filters, and fuel.
there was no water in the oil.​
hydro looked clean-ish (no metal or heavy particulates). refilled with kioti universal fluid.​
front wet brakes were the dirtiest. changed with 90w.​

still having power loss issues. mowing calf high grass with the rotary, less than 5% grade. medium gear, 2200 RPM downhill fine, uphill it loads up and starts to stall out; like when you are trying to lift a bucket full of mud. the difference is when ya press the clutch it keeps stalling out and then dies.

so i changed out the fuel, and the fuel filter. changed from COOP red, to some fancy (expensive) BP greenish clear stuff. still no difference.

$400.00 later. tractor still runs like ****. i really don't want to take it in there, and listen to them say it was some thing i didn't do, and now i owe them 8 grand for a new hydro pump and tranny.

For hst power loss also be sure you don’t have a remote stuck ON. Caused me a lot of problems for about 1/2 hour. Someone on a FB site burned up their entire hydraulic system, $5k to fix.
no remote or forward controls. just stock FL stick and PTO