CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?!

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #21  
I have tractors that sit for years and the clutches don't fail when put back into service... Same with some equipment with slip clutches, like one rotary cutter that doesn't get used, sometimes for a couple years at a time.

I had a pickup truck sit ten plus years, one day I started it, and the clutch is still fine to this day...

SR

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #22  
I have tractors that sit for years and the clutches don't fail when put back into service... Same with some equipment with slip clutches, like one rotary cutter that doesn't get used, sometimes for a couple years at a time.

I had a pickup truck sit ten plus years, one day I started it, and the clutch is still fine to this day...

SR
If it doesn't stick from sitting there's no downside to indefinite non-use.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #23  
My 16 year old 3054 is still on the original clutch {knock wood}. There is, or should be, a lock down device so as to keep the clutch disengaged when not in use. Its nothing more than a healthy wire latch adjacent the clutch pedal, though I've never used it. If you're not using the tractor often, and apparently you don't, I'd suggest using it

Last edited:
   / CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #24  
I'll ask:

Why do you want another small geared tractor?

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #25  
I looked at the first responses and scanned the rest. Funny. Not one is asking what the OP does with his tractor?

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #26  
Rick hit the nail on the head. The key for me was the adjustment at 60 hours after the clutch replacement. Could be operator error, could be something else, but that clutch is slipping.

My 770 did a LOT of loader work with the original clutch and 1200 hours now. But I never "slipped" it. It was either engaged or not. I let the tires do the slipping when it dirt. I left it in 2wd and just dug away. Only clutched to change directions. I adjusted the clutch once in that time and only by a tiny fraction as part of a deep dive PM (changed belts, hoses, fluids, filters, etc).

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #27  
I looked at the first responses and scanned the rest. Funny. Not one is asking what the OP does with his tractor?
26 years of dealership work here. It's not a matter of what the OP does WITH his tractor. It's all about what he does TO his tractor. Perhaps without a full understanding of how or why.
I've seen a brand new 40 hp tractor delivered on Friday and winched on the flatbed on Monday because the clutch wouldn't drive enough to load it. And a Ford 4610 that needed a clutch every 6 months for 2.5 years until a particular employee left the horse farm.
I can't say with 100% certainty what is going on here. Let's just say I have very strong suspicions.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #28  
I last posted in 2012 about this same issue so I just wanted to post again to warn future buyers of small Kioti tractors that my model stinks. Here's a synopsis: in 2012, my 2009 CK35 had 122 hours on it when it suddenly stopped moving. Turned out the clutch shredded itself but it was under warranty so it was a free repair job. Fast forward 8+ years later and my tractor now has a whopping 235 hours on it. But sadly, the clutch burned up in it today, AGAIN! And no, I do not ride the clutch. I've had stick shifts for 46 years and my 25 year old truck still has its original clutch! Anyway, unfortunately, this time I have to pay the repair bill. So, I am just going to bite the bullet and trade it in on a John Deere or Kubota, which is what I should have bought to begin with! So any thoughts from anyone on which tractor is decidedly better or is it pretty much just a toss up? Thanks for any input.
Paying to split a tractor is a tough pill to swallow (I know), but do some math. Your 12 year old tractor has likely cost very little to maintain so divide this new repair cost by 8 or 10 to calculate the annual cost. Then compare that to your regular vehicle over 12 years- tires and more tires, brakes, wheel bearings, ball joints, maybe shocks and exhaust.
Either way it would be cheaper to repair it than buy a new tractor at today's prices. Maybe try a different dealer if you think the mechanic did not set it up correctly.
Good luck deciding.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #29  
That's ridicules, a clutch tractor can sit for years without use and the clutch will be just fine, it don't "need" to be worked to survive.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #30  
Maybe there's no operator error, or maybe ....

Last edited: