Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail)

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail) #1  

Captm

Tractor
2022 Kioti DK4210SE
Hello everyone,

This is my first time here, just pulled the trigger on a 2022 Kioti DK4210 this week.

I dont have much experience plowing/pushing/blowing snow, so I was wondering what would be the best attachment that I should get to clear the snow in my 3 Kilometer long wood trail?
I just want to make a path wide enough for the tractor to collect wood.
My tractor does'nt have snow chains yet, but my land is pretty flat so I figured I'll wait and see how much traction I'm able to get in the trails.

Oh and by the way we get a fairly decent amount a snow here in Quebec, Canada

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail) #2  
What part of Quebec?

Here are snowfall amounts in Quebec City.

1642969256106.png

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail) #4  
How often do you get 1 foot plus snowfalls?

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail)
Not very often, from my perspective, a one foot plus snowfall is a lot. The snow falls we get are more like 3-4 inches maybe 5-6 times a month. And then maybe 2-3 times a year a bigger one that would get closer to the one footer.

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail) #6  
I clear snow from my woods trails with a FEL plow. I have a rear blower but it's too slow. With the FEL plow, I don't have a bucket so I carry wood with a 3pt carry all.

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail) #7  
Assume you are getting a cab? Most of the time (unless we get 16" in one snowfall) I can clear a path using the FEL 6" off the ground and when it builds up every 100' or so, just push left/right. Do you need to plow/clear your driveway too?

Least cost, build a simple V plow with PT wood and attach to your loader, second find/buy used a SSQA snow plow, are you getting a grapple so you have another set of hyd. lines, then a pull type snowblower - probably the most costly $6K or more.

What about buying a used snowmobile and pack a trail to from your woodlot?

/ Clearing snow (3 kilometer long wood trail) #9  
Some of the "old timers" have told me they used to drag a evergreen "top" down the trails to pack it.
I usually get the wood out in log lengths before the snow becomes deep and then work them up later.
You should keep an eye out for some tire chains. 👍