Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #1  

trbaxter

Traded my Mahindra 4510c chronic overheater in for Kubota 3901 to do mostly bush hogging and raking a sand arena for riding horses. Honestly I think I’d rather have my mahindra back. Although the overheating was a constant issue, at least it would run with radiator cap loosened. The Kubota has the super annoying regen cycle that happens at the most in opportune time. In addition to that the fuel line has gotten clogged up 3 times now requiring me to have to drain all the fuel and blow out the line with an air compressor. I keep my tractor under cover but the dealer said it can be from bugs, wasps, etc.’getting in the line. My mahindra was never kept under cover and never had this issue. 3x now and less than a year old with the Kubota. Seems to me like a serious design flaw. Is there not some sort of screen or something that can be used to keep the fuel line from getting clogged? This is really inconvenient. Oh, and also what’s the deal with water getting in the fuel? That’s a whole different issue. We keep our cans under cover. We keep our tank half full or above and tractor under cover. Why is there water in the fuel separator cup??

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #2  
Kubota sells a strainer that fits in the filler neck to keep crap out of the fuel tank.

Don't have the part number handy but I just bought 2. 12 bucks each. You dealer will have them.

Not a design flaw at all. Has to do with how you fill the tank and what you fill it with. Bet you use a 5 gallon can and when filling it you probably don't clean around the filler cap either.

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #3  
Actually the strainer comes with 2 sized rubber gaskets so I believe it will fit ALL Kubota tractors.

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #4  
Gettin junk in your fuel system is not a design flaw it is a fuel management failure. Keep trash out of the tank and you won't have fuel flow problems.

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #5  
Kubota sells a strainer that fits in the filler neck to keep crap out of the fuel tank.

Don't have the part number handy but I just bought 2. 12 bucks each. You dealer will have them.

Not a design flaw at all. Has to do with how you fill the tank and what you fill it with. Bet you use a 5 gallon can and when filling it you probably don't clean around the filler cap either.
So they don't send the strainer standard on the tractors anymore?? You have to buy the strainer as a separate item, almost like an option?

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #6  
"but the dealer said it can be from bugs, wasps, etc.’getting in the line"
Seriously? Attention to detail while fueling to keep debris either in your fuel storage container, on the fuel nozzle or around the fill cap out of the tank - sure. But I can't imagine any living critter trying to get in a wet fuel tank subsequently the fuel line even if you left the cap off. You didn't say if you bought it new or used and whether the fuel tank has been inspected / flushed to ensure it didn't come to you with trash in it.
Maybe time to find a new dealer....

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #7  
You sure your not having an algae problem with the fuel system. Might be good idea to check that possibility out too. Bugs only entry is during refueling, or by forgetting to replace the cap. I might add, forgetting the cap, can also account for an algae problem.

If it is algae, drain the fuel tank and fuel lines before the filter, and throughly clean the tank and let dry out. Use a diesel fungacide additive specifically for algae, and run through your fuel system. Change your fuel filter and continue additives for the entire tank.

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #8  
Gettin junk in your fuel system is not a design flaw it is a fuel management failure. Keep trash out of the tank and you won't have fuel flow problems.
+1 on that. Buy the strainer and then you can be sloppy about fueling and it still runs.

Never had an issue with my 2. M's. I added the mesh filters as a 'just in case' line of defense. I fill mine in the field from a truck tank, often.

/ Clogged fuel line Kubota 3901 #10  
Does your Branson have one? Bet not.
Well, you're wrong then, because it sure has one and it cost me €4000+ less than the equivalent Kubota L3560. And that's just one of the features that the Branson has over the Kubota, there are several more...

The 70's Kubota B7000 I had also had one. Not sure why they got rid of those things now.