Clutch pedal on 4707

/ Clutch pedal on 4707 #1  

Farmer Rob

Tractor
Massey 4707
Does anyone here have issues with a jerky clutch on the 4707 series?Mine seems to have no play and when I lift it it jumps forward no matter where i have adjustment knob set.

/ Clutch pedal on 4707 #2  
I do not have a 4707 so listen more to those who do. There are definitely a couple of 4707 owners on here. HOWEVER, I had a MF 2660 delivered brand new in 2011 with a clutch that was physically not clearing the console and was hanging up partially engaged which I did not know. Eventually ruined the clutch. One problem with my 2660 at least (your's too?) is that the console is such a chore to try to get apart so you see the linkages & what the heck is going on. In your case I'd absolutely get the linkage, return springs, etc. thoroughly checked out before using it anymore. Clutch replacement is NOT cheap !

Where are you located by the way?

/ Clutch pedal on 4707 #3  
don’t know if this may help

/ Clutch pedal on 4707 #4  
I know this is an old thread... but I'm hoping to get lucky here.

I just got a new (2022 model year) 4707. I have been playing with the clutch calibration as described in the above video, and I'm not sure if I am getting results or not.

I find I can smoothly engage in reverse in any gear at any rpm. But in forward, the clutch pedal acts like a switch... on or off with no ability to feather it to start smoothly or to creep up close to something.

This jumpy clutch is present in forward when using the foot clutch, the shuttle lever, and the clutch button on the shift knob. All reasonably smooth in reverse.

Any other ideas besides what's in this video?