CM274 front lift arms

/ CM274 front lift arms #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
If the engine is running and there's no implement attached, the front lift arms on my CM274 slowly raise, even in float position. If I have an implement attached (like the mower), it weighs enough make the arms drop. But if I don't have an implement attached and I try to lower the arms by pushing down on them with my weight, they won't go down unless I turn the engine off. I haven't owned this very long and it's the first time I've worked on it without having an implement on the front. Is there some other control that I'm missing that will allow the front arms to drop while the engine is running?

/ CM274 front lift arms #2  
Assuming the hydraulic system does not have any problems, screw the float adjustment knob in all the way or out all the way ( I can't remember). This should fix the problem. The idea behind that is to put the remote lever in float position with mower and adjust the float to where the deck just starts to lift. Then back it off a little to where it stays on the ground. When mowing, it allows the deck to float rather than dig in to the turf in a valley. If the deck raises and floats down too slowly, then back the float off a little more.