CO-OP Tractors?

/ CO-OP Tractors? #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
Have a friend here at work who is looking into buying an old CO-OP tractor. Tractor has been sitting in barn on dirt floor for some time. He says there is quite a bit of rust, but the pictures he shows me don't look that bad. He was wondering about a ball park value, but is unsure of year or model #. Are parts readily available for these tractors? I searched this forum and came up with a little info, but would like to know more. Any help would be appreciated. I will try and get him to e-mail me his pictures to post.

Thanx
Mark

/ CO-OP Tractors? #2  
Have a friend here at work who is looking into buying an old CO-OP tractor. Tractor has been sitting in barn on dirt floor for some time. He says there is quite a bit of rust, but the pictures he shows me don't look that bad. He was wondering about a ball park value, but is unsure of year or model #. Are parts readily available for these tractors? I searched this forum and came up with a little info, but would like to know more. Any help would be appreciated. I will try and get him to e-mail me his pictures to post.

Thanx
Mark

I would start here

Cockshutt & Co-Op Antique Tractor Stuff | Antique Cocksutt & Co-Op Tractor Info and Links

and here

Antiquetractorsrus - Antique Cockshutt / CO - OP Tractor Parts

Co-op tractors are Canadian Cockshutt tractors rebadged for the U.S. market in the northern Midwest states. See

Cockshutt Tractors

My Tractor Blue Book shows Cockshutt used trade-in prices from 1948-62 and none is above $1500. If the engine is stuck, it's worth no more than $700. If it runs, maybe $1200.

/ CO-OP Tractors? #3  
I agree with the above quoted values. As for parts being "readily" available? No in the sense that you can't really go to your local dealer and buy everything new, as you would for a Deere, or Kubota, or Massey Ferguson. There are some aftermarket sources for reproduction parts, and used parts from tractors that have been dismantled, and occasionally, you might have to get something made from scratch. It's all part of restoring 50 year old machinery, whose original manufactirer no longer exists.

/ CO-OP Tractors?
My friend seems to think that this tractor is late 1920's early 30's vintage. Is this possible? He said he will e-mail me the photos, I will post when he does. Thanks for the replies so far.

Mark

/ CO-OP Tractors? #5  
My friend seems to think that this tractor is late 1920's early 30's vintage. Is this possible? He said he will e-mail me the photos, I will post when he does. Thanks for the replies so far.

Mark

Don't think so.

Cockshutt started making tractors in 1946--the Cockshutt 30.

In 1945 Cockshutt signed a deal with the National Farm Machinery Co-operative in the U.S. to supply tractors and other farm stuff. The Cockshutt 30 was rebadged as the Co-OP E3 in the U.S.

The 30 was also available through Gambles stores as the Farmcrest 30.

The Cockshutt 30 has a red body with cream wheels. The Co-OP 30 was trimmed in orange.

The original 30 was a gasser. In 1949 you could get a 30 with a 4-cyl Buda diesel.

/ CO-OP Tractors?
Here are the pictures I promised. hope it works. Couldn't get them in last night.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1324 (2).JPG
    IMG_1324 (2).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_1325 (2).JPG
    IMG_1325 (2).JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_1326 (2).JPG
    IMG_1326 (2).JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,063
   / CO-OP Tractors? #7  
Don't think so.

Cockshutt started making tractors in 1946--the Cockshutt 30.

He said CO-OP not Cockshutt. Later on Cockshutt took over the CO-OP stuff but the early ones had nothing to do with Cockshutt.
They were a lot uglier. Made by the Duplex Machinery Co or something like that if I remember correctly.
See em at the shows and antique pulls a bit.

/ CO-OP Tractors? #8  
Polo1655: If you're still looking for info on that original CO-OP (first production 1936 or so, Wauk FC 4cyl in #1, Chrysler 6cyl's in #2 and #3) email me at pitybud@msn.com.

/ CO-OP Tractors? #9  
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had access to a wiring diagram for a CO-OP E3?