Coil Roofing Nailers

/ Coil Roofing Nailers #21  
Wen has been a value tool brand for years. Most were electric tools that I recall.

A lot of nailer issues are due to not lubricating the driver mechanism and/or not keeping it clean. Or buying cheapo nails that are going to jam.

/ Coil Roofing Nailers #22  
Bought a used Hitachi stick nail gun at a flea market and did many a roof consuming pallets of nails.
Who knows how many nails ran thru earlier in its life.
Never let me down and I can't remember having jams.
I preferred stick vs coil as coils jamb often, especially if dropped.
Spare sticks are easy to carry vs coils.
For roofing a stick is not cumbersome like they'd would be for framing.
OK, I did often give it a squirt of oil so that may have helped it.

/ Coil Roofing Nailers #23  
... Or buying cheapo nails that are going to jam.
That was one of my concerns with the Harbor Freight roofing nails, however, they worked great. About the only time there'd be a failure was about half the time the last nail or two in the coil would not feed. Not jam, just wouldn't fire the last nail or two. In the big picture, a zero problem. Kinda like a desk stapler. Once in a while, the last staple won't go because there's nothing behind it to push it forward.

All in all, it's a great value.

And I didn't need a case, because I have Kitty Litter buckets with locking lids! 🤣

Man, those buckets are handy. They seal nicely, stack great, have a nice handle and are easy to label. There are hundreds of uses for them. Google up "uses for kitty litter buckets'. ;)

/ Coil Roofing Nailers #24  
As to feeding issues, often simply shortening the coil spring and shaping a new end 'hook' will cure that issue.
Done it a few times.