Common sayings that are wrong or butchered

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #191  
Dad was always messing with Mom getting her to mispronounce things. She went to the grocery store but couldn't find anise cookies so she asked the manager where the **** cookies were.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #193  
On the subject of sayings, or statements that bug me, the most common is when a criminal is caught in the act, in view of multiple witnesses including LEOs or clearly on video, and he is referred to as a "suspect".

I don't think there is anything wrong with being serious with the idea of "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" Even LEO's can be wrong sometimes.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #194  
I broke my kids of the bad habit they came home from school with.. On accident. What? No, By accident.

I purposely butcher the saying "I resent that remark" to "I resemble that remark" when I want to joke about myself. I now hear my adult kids use it..Makes me proud! 🤣🤣🤣

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #196  
I broke my kids of the bad habit they came home from school with.. On accident. What? No, By accident.

I purposely butcher the saying "I resent that remark" to "I resemble that remark" when I want to joke about myself. I now hear my adult kids use it..Makes me proud! 🤣🤣🤣
Garfield said it in 1987 on TV but I think he said a few years earlier in the comic strip.

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #197  
It is logical.

"I didn't break it on purpose. I did it on accident."

Bruce

/ Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #198  
It is logical.

"I didn't break it on purpose. I did it on accident."

Bruce
I've googled them both and "On accident" is acceptable but I hate to hear it.

• Good Post
Reactions: reb
   / Common sayings that are wrong or butchered #200  
The voice translator on my iPhone text message often switches "going to" to "gonna". I hate that (sounds ignorant), so I edit the text before sending.