Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,331  
I forgot about this until deserteagle's pictures. I drew a special deer tag to hunt in the South Warner Wilderness in Northern California. I was hunting by myself, and I wanted to get far enough into the Wilderness to not have to deal with any other hunters. Most would just hike in for the day from the parking area.

I set up my tent along a creek close to the top of the ridge. It was shaded and very private. In the morning, the ground was frozen solid. In the evening, it was muddy.

I woke up on the second or third day, and saw a frozen mountain lion track right in the middle of my boot print. Since I always stay out hunting until last light, and walk back to camp in the dark, it was either following me, or it just happened to walk down the same trail that I did after I was in the tent.

On a side note, I spent five days there and never saw another human. I did not realize how strange that would be. When I had my buck, and I was back to my Bronco, the first thing that I did was turn on talk radio just to hear human voices.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,332  
Copy of April 24-17 bears 003.jpg

I've lived on the side of this mt. for more than 30 yrs. now and have accumulated hundreds of animal pics. as there's not many days I don't travel the few miles of rds. I've built. I have 1 cheap camera that never leaves my tractor and keep a cell phone in my pocket which I managed to take this pic. with. 1st time and only time I've ever seen a bald faced bear.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,333  
On a side note, I spent five days there and never saw another human. I did not realize how strange that would be. When I had my buck, and I was back to my Bronco, the first thing that I did was turn on talk radio just to hear human voices.
^ That's not strange around here, that's normal. I typically go out camping for several days at a time and never see another human or even another vehicle.

But I guess I'm different from other people. I hate crowds - get me in a busy shopping mall and I can feel my stress level go up and off the scale. A few days out in the middle of nowhere and I'm right at home, relaxed as can be.

Airing out the bedding, early morning on Smoky Mountain in Utah:
DSC00858ertbn.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,334  
^ That's not strange around here, that's normal. I typically go out camping for several days at a time and never see another human or even another vehicle.

Don‘t know where u r in NV but i can see that. In my youth, my sister and i came east across rt 50 in NV. We saw 2 cars go by us west in several hours driving at night. Ran REAL low on gas and had to stop at a closed tiny mom/pop gas station and sit in car waiting for them to open up in the morning.

Patrol car stopped and we told him y we were sitting there. He called the owner and she came to turn on pump in the middle of the night. He also told us the police do not even patrol out too far on 50 at nights; just too desolate.

Later i learned they call that road ‘the loneliest road in America.’

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,335  
View attachment 734030
I've lived on the side of this mt. for more than 30 yrs. now and have accumulated hundreds of animal pics. as there's not many days I don't travel the few miles of rds. I've built. I have 1 cheap camera that never leaves my tractor and keep a cell phone in my pocket which I managed to take this pic. with. 1st time and only time I've ever seen a bald faced bear.
You have a cab tractor, right!?

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,336  
You're welcome. I didn't know what it was either, so I googled "yellow spring flowers" and looked for the matching leaves.

It's one of the reasons I really do enjoy having a smart phone on me at all times.

What kind of flower is that?
What kind of bird is that?
What kind of snake is that?
Where's the nearest hospital?
And who our age would have dreamed our phones would get smarter than us. And it's no contest! :eek:

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,337  
Thanks. And nah. I'm not big on the whole contest thing. I just enjoy getting away from people and spending time in nature. Photography gives me a reason to get out. I mostly just share my photos with family and friends and some on here and some on Facebook.
You are that good though and I consider myself a decent photographer. 🤩

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,340  
thumbnail_20181027_103713(0)scruffy.jpg

Over a period of 2 or 3 yrs. this scruffy old coyote showed up watching me work a few times. This was the last time I seen him he walked past me while I was splitting wood ,sat down on that mossy rock watched me for while then laid down and put his head under his leg and went to sleep. ( approx. 20 or 30' ) I was busy and never noticed when he left.
1645218007895.jpeg

This Bob cat walked past the back of my house about a wk. before I seen the cougar. I wasn't fast enough getting out of my office with camera for a good pic.