Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,141  
Who's making snowmen out here?
P1150453.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,144  
Many years ago we went on a vacation to Montana. Several times we would see cattle standing at a fence, and a small herd of antelope run up behind and through the herd of cattle, and jump the fence and keep going. It kinda looked like the antelope were rubbing it in to the cattle at that point.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,145  
Every pronghorn antelope that I've ever seen cross a fence, crawled under it. I've never seen them jump a fence. I've watched them go back and forth, along a fence, over and over again, until they find that spot to crawl under it.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,146  
Every pronghorn antelope that I've ever seen cross a fence, crawled under it. I've never seen them jump a fence. I've watched them go back and forth, along a fence, over and over again, until they find that spot to crawl under it.
That's interesting. I see a bunch of videos where they're doing like you said, trying to go under the fences.

Then there are a bunch of others asking if Pronghorns can jump fences.

And a bunch of comments that they can't jump fences.

And then we have this, with probably better than a thousand jumping two fences.

Single
Advance to 30 seconds

Here's another single

So, apparently, yes, they can jump fences quite well. Seems they prefer to go under in some areas.

I just know what we saw. ;)

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,147  
That's interesting. I see a bunch of videos where they're doing like you said, trying to go under the fences.

Then there are a bunch of others asking if Pronghorns can jump fences.

And a bunch of comments that they can't jump fences.

And then we have this, with probably better than a thousand jumping two fences.

Single
Advance to 30 seconds

Here's another single

So, apparently, yes, they can jump fences quite well. Seems they prefer to go under in some areas.

I just know what we saw. ;)
Its likely a survival thing. Seems that crawling under one would be less prone to harm than jumping over fences. I've seen skeletons of them that got hung up on a fence they were jumping over.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,148  
Its likely a survival thing. Seems that crawling under one would be less prone to harm than jumping over fences. I've seen skeletons of them that got hung up on a fence they were jumping over.
From what I've read over the past hour, they just don't like to jump. Neither do I. :ROFLMAO:

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,149  
It's not the jumping I don't like. It's the hitting things and falling down that bothers me :)

The Delaware from Lambertville-New Hope Bridge looking north. PA on left, NJ on right.
20230318_170842(0).jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,150  
It's not the jumping I don't like. It's the hitting things and falling down that bothers me :)

The Delaware from Lambertville-New Hope Bridge looking north. PA on left, NJ on right.
View attachment 790060
You're correct. I actually like the feeling of falling. Weeeee! It's the landing that I could do without.