Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #391  
ALL: I usually have a few brown woodpeckers (females or different type than this one), but this red headed one has been working on the new telephone poles the last couple years and i caught a few pics of him today.

That appears to be a pileated as well. They like standing dead wood, looks like the pole fooled him!

/ Cool Nature Photos #392  
dalola: he or one of his relatives already has some holes in that pole that was replaced maybe 5 or so years ago. since the old ones were maybe 50 years old and full of lots of holes maybe the family passed on the information. as more neighborhoods are getting underground wiring i'm sure these old poles might be a thing of the past, but the birds and squirrels sure like them.

Buckeye: while I was looking for a 2020 picture from the top of the space needle since I haven't been up there for maybe 5 years now I found this cool video you and others might like and if you look closely you maybe can see that the tall buildings are getting more common around it. Seattle's Space Needle gets $1M+ makeover - YouTube

even though as i get older i've got a fear of heights i might have to go up to see the views after all this remodeling.

/ Cool Nature Photos #396  
I put this on the morning thread a few days ago but I think it belongs here. This appeared only for a minute when the sun was just setting and hitting the trees just right. I had to look twice I thought there was a fire outside. This pic is not altered.

Attachments

• IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
   / Cool Nature Photos #397  
I put this on the morning thread a few days ago but I think it belongs here. This appeared only for a minute when the sun was just setting and hitting the trees just right. I had to look twice I thought there was a fire outside. This pic is not altered.
Beautiful !

/ Cool Nature Photos #399  

Nice pic Don!!!! I am always taken by surprise with scenes like that. As I get older I gain more respect for the moment it takes to stop and look.

/ Cool Nature Photos #400  
TxDon: very nice? out your front door?

ALL: I actually bought this little cast iron bird feeder for my bride, but it's become Cleo's drinking water now. we turned the cast iron bird to the side a bit and now she can sit on the edge of the cement blocks and put her chin on it and drink.

march 4, 2019 Cleo drinking out of bird bath.jpg