Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,071  
Yes the geese shot looks like a postcard. Really great composition

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,073  
Interesting as to how geese always play 'follow the leader'.
We often see them fly by in flocks of 50-100 or so swapping leaders every so often.
Occasionally they take an overnight rest stop on my lake and what a noise when the signal comes to depart.
Just like kids all excited!

/ Cool Nature Photos
#1,075  
We often see them fly by in flocks of 50-100 or so swapping leaders every so often.
Occasionally they take an overnight rest stop on my lake and what a noise when the signal comes to depart.
Funny bit of trivia...

When geese fly in a V, do you know why the one side of the V is longer than the other?

There's more geese on that side.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,077  

Why geese fly in a "V".

Why do geese fly in a V? | Library of Congress

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,078  
They often form a V when paddling by my shoreline prior to the goslings hatching as well. Once the little ones show up they are in a family group instead of a flock group and somewhat in a V but there is always one eye to the sky watching out for eagles.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,079  
The really strange "action" I've seen geese do. When fairly high up and obviously coming in for a landing on my lake. One or two out of the flock will do a complete barrel roll and then plop down on the water. I think they must be the "hot rods" or "show offs" of the flock.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,080  
^^^ you pribably have said and I do not recall, but what feeds your lake? Stream? Spring? Ground water level?