Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,311  
4 Seasons
McConnell's Mill State Park, PA
It's surprisingly difficult to frame up the same shot exactly the same 4 times.

View attachment 733716
Spring

View attachment 733717
Summer

View attachment 733718
Autumn

View attachment 733719
Winter
Great shots. Now if you really want to have some fun, have all 4 made into jigsaw puzzles. Then, if you're really devious, mix all the pieces together. Could take all winter to put them back together again.

As mentioned before, have you considered submitting to National Geographic photo contests? They are that good. (y)

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,312  
Out hiking in Nevada's Stillwater Mountains this past Sunday (yes, I missed the Superbowl). Thought I saw smoke up ahead but upon closer inspection I found I was in an area where multiple steam vents were puffing up out of the ground:
DSC05601ertbn.jpg

DSC05572ertbn.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,314  
I'm no photographer and took these just now with phone, came from my home place, grandmother planted them. Feb. 16 and cold, still snow in places. About 1.5" tall...Crocus? I don't know but always first to appear. They must like shade & acid soil.
20220216_144728.jpg
20220216_144721.jpg
20220216_144701.jpg

Last edited:
   / Cool Nature Photos #1,315  
I've never seen leaves like that on a crocus. Doesn't mean they aren't, though. Just one I've never seen. Very pretty! (y)

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,318  
Thanks Moss! I believe you found it. I never knew what it was. My grandmother could make a stick grow, had amazing flowers and shrubs. I've been bringing them here, we're 15 miles away.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,319  
Thanks Moss! I believe you found it. I never knew what it was. My grandmother could make a stick grow, had amazing flowers and shrubs. I've been bringing them here, we're 15 miles away.
You're welcome. I didn't know what it was either, so I googled "yellow spring flowers" and looked for the matching leaves.

It's one of the reasons I really do enjoy having a smart phone on me at all times.

What kind of flower is that?
What kind of bird is that?
What kind of snake is that?
Where's the nearest hospital?

/ Cool Nature Photos
#1,320  
Great shots. Now if you really want to have some fun, have all 4 made into jigsaw puzzles. Then, if you're really devious, mix all the pieces together. Could take all winter to put them back together again.

As mentioned before, have you considered submitting to National Geographic photo contests? They are that good. (y)
Thanks. And nah. I'm not big on the whole contest thing. I just enjoy getting away from people and spending time in nature. Photography gives me a reason to get out. I mostly just share my photos with family and friends and some on here and some on Facebook.