Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,381  
To much time on my hands so inundating you with pics.
1646077375349.jpeg

One day a no. of yrs. ago I heard crunching out side the basement dr. I was on crutches at the time and went to the dr. bent over to pet the cat but jumped back landed on my rear laughing loud enough my wife and daughter came running down to see if I was OK. A few days later I was prepared with a camera.
1646077775501.jpeg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,382  
Pileated are the only woodpecker we have that goes at rotting stumps, on the ground.
They help me greatly to reduce the old stumps!
They are huge.
And there favorite food is carpenter ants so they clean the forest of dead trees. If they are on your favorite tree or wood siding, that is a bad sign.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,383  
We just returned from store and this bird was near house apparently not dead for long. Maybe it flew into a window? Is it a starling?
A black bird but lots of blue & purple colors in sunlight.
Seems fairly large, not a crow I don't think.
20220301_155918.jpg
20220301_160004.jpg
20220301_155949.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,384  
Starling is what they call them around here, none at my place they seem to hang out in the valley not our mt side.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,387  
Not close enough, but I caught this fox and some doe in this field I cut today.
1646181284866.jpeg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,388  
HD: looks like you had 5 does and a fox. They liked your handy work.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,389  
Whenever you rotary mow a field or cut hay it’s like a dinner bell for fox, hawk, eagle with all the mice you kick up

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,390  
When I mow at night, it's not uncommon to have a coyote following me. They stay just at the edge of the lights and I only see them when I'm turning around. Sometimes there are two of them.

More common that seeing coyotes or armadillos, is seeing wild hogs when mowing at night. I carry a 44 mag revolver with me while I'm mowing and I've shot several hogs at 10 yards. For whatever reason, they seem to ignore all the noise when it's dark out. During the day, it's totally different. One night, I drove right through the middle of about 30 of them. I could have touched a few of them, I got so close!!!