Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,851  
FA2A226F-EF35-4191-B9D6-A48FE70D67BF.jpeg

Bird of Paridise, shot at the Biltmore Estate.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,852  
Opened the barn door and ---. The boards I had in my hand instantly got thrown, but skunks seem to walk wherever they want, so just kept coming. The little ones stamp their little feet, then burrow in somewhere with only the working unit showing.
Oh those tiny ones look ferocious! hahaha

Nice pictures.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,853  
I don't think I've ever seen Canadian Geese perch up high before.

View attachment 763661
About 10-15 years ago we were sitting in my sister in-law's backyard, which faces an apartment complex. I looked over the fence, and there were geese like that sitting on the roof. First time I'd ever seen geese on a roof. Ducks, yes. But never geese.

Evolution! :ROFLMAO:

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,858  
Very nice! (y) Our in-laws flew themselves for their 50th, my wife, our two kids, and me for our 25th, and my sister in-law and her family for their 15th wedding anniversaries there back around 2010. We paid for hotels. We also rented a car and did a self guided tour around the island, as well as a few day trips.

Not many corn fields compared to Indiana.
They have an app for that now The concierge recommended a popular app for car rentals on the island. You can rent anything from a Lamborghini at $450 a day to a VW bug or bus We chose a beat up jeep for $65 since North shore is pretty much pull off the road into the dirt for beach parking. Jeep was wide open, so we didn't have to worry about the homeless smashing windows and us getting stuck paying damages. I took my large back pack and when we got out to look at something, I just took it with us.

Jeep was located in a parking garage on ther other side of our resort, so we just had to walk two blocks to pick it up. And return was easy since we just parked in the same slot in the garage, and dropped the keys where they told us too.

Parking at the resort was $60 a day, so the rental app made more sense, since we could return the vehicle after hours and not have to pay for parking over night.

For those visiting the island the first time. Especially Waikiki. You can get a bus pass at an ABC store. 7$ a day for unlimited swipes to take the bus. First day we paid cash at 3 bucks a pop each. A good Samaritan told us about the bus passes.

Much better then $50 a pop for an Uber, lyft, or taxi.

And there are a couple apps that sync with the bus schedules to help navigate your way around. There's a small learning curve if you haven't used public transportation before. But once you figure it out, it's not too bad getting around.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,859  
Very nice! (y) Our in-laws flew themselves for their 50th, my wife, our two kids, and me for our 25th, and my sister in-law and her family for their 15th wedding anniversaries there back around 2010. We paid for hotels. We also rented a car and did a self guided tour around the island, as well as a few day trips.

Not many corn fields compared to Indiana.
This trip started out as a wim back last February. We got to talking about out anniversary and trying to figure out what to do. I had 14 to 15 years worth of unused points on my credit card. So I checked to see how much tickets were using the points. Round trip tickets for the two of us was $200

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,860  
This trip started out as a wim back last February. We got to talking about out anniversary and trying to figure out what to do. I had 14 to 15 years worth of unused points on my credit card. So I checked to see how much tickets were using the points. Round trip tickets for the two of us was $200
WOW! Good use of the points!

I was kinda shocked how many homeless people are on that island. Pretty much every bridge had a family living under each end.

Did you see all the people "fishing" in the parks?

From what I was told, and this may or may not be true, but I was told it, that they can ask you to move along if you're just laying in the park. But they can't ask you to move along if you're fishing. So they all got fishing poles, and lay in the parks near the water.

Is it still like that?

Other than that, we had no concerns. Never got hassled by anyone. Took a lot of limo rides (pre-Uber). We got a wheelchair for my mother in-law and I pushed her halfway across that island! Thank goodness I like her! :ROFLMAO: