Cool or Rare Attachments

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Deere 4320 eHydro w/400X FEL and Unloaded R4's
Hi All,
This is just a thread to post all of you cool or rare attachments and explain them (if needed). Any attachment that you find interesting!

CubMon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet Sx3100
How about an ice cream maker? Oh, you meant attachments that exist...

Someone must have something 'off the wall'!?!?

gwdixon

Elite Member
A JD 232 aerator. A couple of JD dealers had no idea it existed when I went looking for replacement spoons.

And a homemade log carrier.

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
A JD 232 aerator. A couple of JD dealers had no idea it existed when I went looking for replacement spoons.

The aerator is awesome, where did you find it?

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400

I like that log carrier....
what is the biggest log you have moved with it?

J

3Bladz

Silver Member
Tractor
a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"
Here is a road grader attatchment for a Ford 8N. The front wheels are moved to the front of the grader and it bolts to the front and back axles.

Attachments

• robsjuly09 104.jpg
    robsjuly09 104.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,149

gwdixon

Elite Member
The aerator is awesome, where did you find it?

It was a "local pick-up only" in downtown San Francisco. The seller didn't know what it was but had it listed in the "Industrial" area of eBay.

My automatic eBay search for local equipment picked it up. I was the only bidder at $50. Lucky.

gwdixon

Elite Member
I like that log carrier....
what is the biggest log you have moved with it?

J

Those are the light-duty tongs in the photo. It has been used for a 30', 18" diameter (at the base) tree with no problem.

A larger set of tongs has lifted an 10', 30" log with plenty of ballast in the rear. The chainsaw's 28" bar would not go through on one pass so 30" is a guess.

It sure saves the back when the logs can be held at waist level and sawed into rounds.

It is handy for loading and unloading a trailer with fixed sides from the rear as well. No more dropping the logs from the side with the forklift attachment and hoping for the best.

Gale Hawkins

Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
That road grader attachment was so cool. Thanks:thumbsup:

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
Here is a road grader attatchment for a Ford 8N. The front wheels are moved to the front of the grader and it bolts to the front and back axles.

Yeh it is!!! It seems like you have a really nice set up in your avatar:thumbsup:

1950T

Silver Member
Tractor
oliver 1950T international 1066 ford 9000 plus many many more
only "unusual" implement we have is the remenants of a wood framed beaver slide. ran off a pto winch setup on the back of a 40s IH pickup.winch line runs to the top over a pulley and down to the forks. run the winch in it powers the forks up the inclined frame and dumps into the stack. let the clutch in to let the line back out and the forks decend. if i had a scanner id post pics of it in use back in the 50s of my grandather and greatgrand father putting up loose hay.

Gale Hawkins

Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
only "unusual" implement we have is the remenants of a wood framed beaver slide. ran off a pto winch setup on the back of a 40s IH pickup.winch line runs to the top over a pulley and down to the forks. run the winch in it powers the forks up the inclined frame and dumps into the stack. let the clutch in to let the line back out and the forks decend. if i had a scanner id post pics of it in use back in the 50s of my grandather and greatgrand father putting up loose hay.

I saw that once about 54 years ago but it was a small tractor going backwards and forwards to lift the forks.

1950T

Silver Member
Tractor
oliver 1950T international 1066 ford 9000 plus many many more
there is still a few in use out west in montana wyoming and such up in the high country :thumbsup:

easygo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Interesting I had to search on it as I have never even heard of a beaver slide. Is this what you are talking about?

Attachments

• Beaver slide.jpg
    Beaver slide.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 506

lhfarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA
How about an ice cream maker? Oh, you meant attachments that exist...

Someone must have something 'off the wall'!?!?

There was a Youtube video of a guy with a Willys jeep that ran an ice cream maker off the PTO (couldn't find it). He had built a platform attached to the bumper and put a pulley on the PTO and on the ice cream maker. While I was searching for it, I came across a note about a guy with an antique tractor who did the same thing and made ice cream during parade drives.

So I think an ice cream maker is an attachment. I may just have to try that...

bullbreaker

Elite Member
Tractor
D Ranchers daughter'$
Hi All,
This is just a thread to post all of you cool or rare attachments and explain them (if needed). Any attachment that you find interesting!

Don't own any these but heres some I took pics of recently in case some of you's missed it under "photos".
Boone

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    997.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    998.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 119

greg_g

Tractor
JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket
Chain harrows aren't rare - or even unusual. But I think the way I have mine set up possibly makes it one of a kind. I purchased four 4'x4' heavy duty (5/8") tine sections and an 8' pull bar, then connected them into the 8'x8' configuration you see in the photo. I next added three sides to the pull bar, used sections of 1.5" drilling pipe. Finally I fabricated a six foot removable extension to my boom pole to lift the whole thing.

P.S. it's for sale by the way, for anybody that's interested.

//greg//

Attachments

• chain harrow.jpg
    chain harrow.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 471

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
Chain harrows aren't rare - or even unusual. But I think the way I have mine set up possibly makes it one of a kind. I purchased four 4'x4' heavy duty (5/8") tine sections and an 8' pull bar, then connected them into the 8'x8' configuration you see in the photo. I next added three sides to the pull bar, used sections of 1.5" drilling pipe. Finally I fabricated a six foot removable extension to my boom pole to lift the whole thing.

P.S. it's for sale by the way, for anybody that's interested.

//greg//

Thats a great idea!!!:thumbsup: It's 10x better than having to drag that thing on the ground back to the barn

easygo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Since you guys mentioned the ice cream maker I will post a picture. I took this about a year ago in Northern Maine. The tractor is an old Farmall F-12 and the ice cream maker is truely PTO driven.

Attachments

• Farmall Ice Cream.jpg
    Farmall Ice Cream.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 1,064

bullbreaker

Elite Member
Tractor
D Ranchers daughter'$
Since you guys mentioned the ice cream maker I will post a picture. I took this about a year ago in Northern Maine. The tractor is an old Farmall F-12 and the ice cream maker is truely PTO driven.

Big thanks for pic!
I hope that fellow in pic though does'nt sit there when shaft is spinning or that ice cream flavor could be chocolate!:D
Boone

easygo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Big thanks for pic!
I hope that fellow in pic though does'nt sit there when shaft is spinning or that ice cream flavor could be chocolate!:D
Boone

I should have mentioned that when the picture was taken the rig was not running. There was an issue with the drive belt being too lose and they shot the tractor down to figure out a solution. It made a mean ice cream in the end.

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
That road grader attachment was so cool. Thanks:thumbsup:

Yep, that is truly some ingenious thinking and engineering! Tell me, how the steering done? Mechanical linkage, or is there some sort of hydraulic setup to turn it???

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E35R, E10, Yanmar 226D
I found this..... You dont see one on an LA series mower every day. Can you tell this is home made?

Attachments

• Lawn mower loader 1.jpg
    Lawn mower loader 1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 519
  • Lawn mower loader 2.jpg
    Lawn mower loader 2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 269

3Bladz

Silver Member
Tractor
a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"
Yep, that is truly some ingenious thinking and engineering! Tell me, how the steering done? Mechanical linkage, or is there some sort of hydraulic setup to turn it???
It is mechanical linkage, too bad the 8N's didn't have a power steering option, it's a bear to turn. Power steering came out on the 600s but they are a little longer so the grader would have to have been modified to fit. Since we only know of less than 50 of these in existance, kinda figured it should remain as designed. It was made for Dearborn by MB Companies in New Holstien Wisconsin. The thing on the back is a berm leveler for grading roads.

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
I found this..... You dont see one on an LA series mower every day. Can you tell this is home made?

Thats awsome!!!!:thumbsup: Where did yah find it?

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
They are kind cool.

Attachments

• hpim0196.jpg
    hpim0196.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 336
  • hpim0197.jpg
    hpim0197.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 218
  • picture_004.jpg
    picture_004.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 330

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E35R, E10, Yanmar 226D
i found it on a garden tractor forum

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
Really?!?!?... how is it?

That's yes I do need it. I don't have it. I've thought of a similar type of system for a trailer that could either dump or tilt depending on the placement of a few pins.

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
Ohhh i thought you have one.You are right its one of those things you would use once a year.

Big Wave D

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L35, Kubota B6200E
I must be missing something, but what is the point of the AJK Hook Lift trailer.

I see that it can dump, which is something I see real value in, but what good does dropping the top off do for you?

I watched the video of it in action and I didn't see any tie down slots or D-rings on the bed part; therefore, even if it had them, it seems to raise the 'bed' up WAY to much vertically for anything to really be able to stay on, i.e., palatalized materials, implement, etc.

Now, even it they made different beds, other than allowing you to swap out between say their flatbed and maybe a container bed, it still goes back to me as being a glorified dump trailer. It just seems like a Rube Goldberg way of going about doing things.

Can someone more intelligent than I, set me straight, please? :confused:

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
Well,
It would be great for hauling wood. Maybe if you needed to haul more than one attachment to a job site or deep into you property instead of having to drive your tractor back and forth. Its great for hauling but i couldn't find a use to be able to drop the bed or container off.

Big Wave D

Platinum Member
Tractor
The 'bed' looked like it was a smooth floor. For that trailer to have any real worth to me, it'd need some stake pockets and the ability to put on sides and a back, if necessary.

I don't know what the thing might cost, but it doesn't look cheap. So to me, it's a huge oversight to not have the above mentioned option(s).

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
I agree, i am going to do some more research on it

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
The appeal of a hook lift container is versatility. There's more than one kind of bed...

HookLift-Containers.jpg

It's a way of having one undercarriage to maintain but having multiple beds. I'm sure we've all seen the construction dumpsters that are delivered by a hook lift truck. The one that deere4320 linked us to is just smaller. Admittedly it's a small portion of the population that would need one or could even use one. I can see you firewood guys really enjoying the flexibility that this type of system would offer if you could justfiy the cost.

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
I found the website:

AJK Hydrolift NV

They are european and make them also for bigger trucks and tractors.

Big Wave D

Platinum Member
Tractor
Okay, I can see the versatility factor.

However, I still contend, that unlike a roll-off truck that delivers a dumpster to me and can easily load up a full one without losing everything; the mechanism that does the hooking and switching has WAY to much of a vertical motion/lift to it.

If I've used the trailer to get a load of anything that is on pallets. I can't leave it on the trailer bed and swap to something with sides to go pick up mulch.

My versatility has been lost. So why would I want such an animal.

How many times are you in the midst of something and switch gears to another project or need to bring a different attachment to bare on the work at hand. To me, this rather expensive looking 'tool' fails me when I need it the most.

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Okay, I can see the versatility factor.

However, I still contend, that unlike a roll-off truck that delivers a dumpster to me and can easily load up a full one without losing everything; the mechanism that does the hooking and switching has WAY to much of a vertical motion/lift to it.

If I've used the trailer to get a load of anything that is on pallets. I can't leave it on the trailer bed and swap to something with sides to go pick up mulch.

My versatility has been lost. So why would I want such an animal.

How many times are you in the midst of something and switch gears to another project or need to bring a different attachment to bare on the work at hand. To me, this rather expensive looking 'tool' fails me when I need it the most.

It's probably more useful for someone who sets a bin or some such in one place for a time and has to move it only occasionally. I can see produce farmers using something like this. They may have ten bins that are strategically placed throughout an orchard or field to collect the harvest.

I'm not sure what you'd use the flat deck for. I suppose if you had a LOT of faith in your chains or straps you could load it with equipment.

OP
deere4320

deere4320

Silver Member
Tractor
It's probably more useful for someone who sets a bin or some such in one place for a time and has to move it only occasionally. I can see produce farmers using something like this. They may have ten bins that are strategically placed throughout an orchard or field to collect the harvest.

I'm not sure what you'd use the flat deck for. I suppose if you had a LOT of faith in your chains or straps you could load it with equipment.

You are both right.......but it is still pretty cool.:)