Coolant gauge for 2005 Gator HPX Diesel?

/ Coolant gauge for 2005 Gator HPX Diesel? #1  

aa777888

Tractor
JD3520
Has anyone already solved this problem? Hoping to not reinvent the wheel. I'd like to replace the idiot light sensor with an actual temperature gauge.

Thanks!

/ Coolant gauge for 2005 Gator HPX Diesel? #2  
Has anyone already solved this problem? Hoping to not reinvent the wheel. I'd like to replace the idiot light sensor with an actual temperature gauge.

Thanks!
Do you think it runs hot, and thus need to keep closer track of the temp?
Have you searched for an aftermarket gauge? Tracked the wires to a temp sensor? Do you have the service tech manual for your gator?

This link shows the HPX water pump and the location of the sensor (key #8), as well as a plug that might be removed to place a different sensor for a gauge.

Attachments

• HPX_gator_temp.jpg
    HPX_gator_temp.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
   / Coolant gauge for 2005 Gator HPX Diesel?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Fan not coming on. Fan tested OK. All wiring tested OK (jumpered at thermoswitch connector, fan comes on). Installed new thermoswitch. Idiot light and sensor tests OK. Water pump OK. Hoses OK. Thermostat also brand new and tests OK. New radiator cap (did not pressure test). System properly bled. Coolant level is stable during operation.

Could possibly be a bad radiator. I need to borrow an infrared temp sensor and measure heat across the radiator.

In the meantime it seems easy to add a gauge. Since I posted I've found out that the thermostat block has an additional port and that the port is an M20x1.5 thread (and if anyone can confirm that on this forum it would be great).