Cost to asphalt a gravel road?

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
I just need a general cost. 10-12' wide by 1/2 mile. So-so base. Private road, north AL.

Rough order of Magnitude estimate is fine, I'm not the one that wants it.

Thanks,

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #2  
How thick, what grade?

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #3  
I just got a quote last week on my 1/10th of a mile drive. No prep from them, just asphalt laying and rolling. $18,500

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #4  
I just need a general cost. 10-12' wide by 1/2 mile. So-so base. Private road, north AL.

Rough order of Magnitude estimate is fine, I'm not the one that wants it.

Thanks,
The "so-so base" is a bad idea.
Sorta like putting expensive paint over pealing paint, only ....MUCH...MUCH worse!

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #5  
2" thick with those dimensions, around here it's north of 40k

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road?
   / Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #7  
Our 3.5" 12 X 800' done in 2019 was 20,000 plus 5000 prep by a different contractor. The 3.5 was compressed to 3" . Would guess that 2021 price of asphalt might be more because, well you know.

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #8  
Cheapest is not all ways the best. A good sound base is the key As well as proper drainage. Asphalt will not support it’s own weight and as I do not know your soil conditions or pricing of stone and asphalt hard to say. Locally six inches of stone if no soft spots if soft spots soft ball size stone to stabilize. $50 thousand dollars would be a ball park here depending on prep. Most state subdivision roads here have 8 inches of stone base and 2 inches of asphalt depending on traffic count. Hopefully this helps

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #9  
In my county when you pave your driveway your property taxes go up. Your cost to pave is infinite because you never stop paying for it.

Wait for a fly-by-night tar-and-chip outfit to pull into your driveway and make an offer that sounds too good to be true. Regret takes many forms.

/ Cost to asphalt a gravel road? #10  
"Fly-by-night Co" was in the area late last year. What a joke...they did a neighbor and many others in the area. He pulled into my drive and asked if I wanted asphalt but wouldn't admit to doing the neighbor's drive. It looked like ok asphalt coming out of the truck but they just dumped it into piles until they could fix the paver. I thought you wanted it hot?