County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #1  

flashpuppy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 Kubota SVL75-2
Careful which one you get from the lot. Check the welds before you take it home. Lots of porosity here. Dang tab was almost broken off after three holes.

9D2FBBEF-3E89-4EEC-8574-3FBD258101C8.jpeg.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!
Chinese fabrication at its best.....

Dale

I know... It is my own fault. Got in a pinch and needed one like yesterday so I just ran to TSC after calling to all my local dealers looking for one.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #4  
How do these hold up to a 70HP Cat 2 tractor? I need one but don't know whether I should spend the extra and get a Land Pride/Everything Attachments or the TSC brand?

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #5  
How do these hold up to a 70HP Cat 2 tractor? I need one but don't know whether I should spend the extra and get a Land Pride/Everything Attachments or the TSC brand?

Ya get what ya pay for. For your tractor, look for a unit that has a gear ratio in the 4+ to 1 ratio range. That way you are pretty much sure that you have a good heavy duty unit. Not cheap though unless you find one used.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!

So far... it has survived behind my M7040. I’ve probably lost half a dozen shear bolts and I haven’t dug at above idle.

It took some tightening up of all the movable points. Changed the “hoop to boom” pivot pin to a bolt with washers between all surfaces. Allowed me to tighten that up and take a lot of sway out of it. Cinched it down really tight, then backed off a quarter turn. Jam nutted the bolt to keep the tension I put it at. Seems to have helped a lot. I also put some washers on the top link connection to remove the side to side slop.

I am about 24 holes into an 80 hole project. If it survives, then I guess it did okay. Even it doesn’t survive, it was worth $10 a hole to not do it by hand. I definitely am ordering a post driver before I start on the other 500+ holes but this will get my fence up before the weekend.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #7  
That's too bad. That is one ugly weld. I would take the unit back and exchange it.

Just bought the same one myself and all the welds looked great and I was impressed. Good value IMO.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #8  
My County Line Digger has had a few problems and as far as I know every one of them has been my fault. I'd buy one again in a heart beat. I use it on a 60 HP tractor.

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #9  

I suggest: ...Steer clear of the TSC brand!

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #10  
I suggest: ...Steer clear of the TSC brand!

I'm sure you have valid reasons but I don't agree. I dug 45 holes today with the County Line 3pt PHD. It worked flawlessly. I have seen a number of others and don't see anything to warrant the product costing twice as much.