County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get!

/ County Line Post Hole Digger - Watch which one you get! #61  
""Oldoak said:
...SNIP...
Speed, RPMs, that's what I really don't like about the Tier 4 tractors. You are compelled to run them at a much higher RPM in order to keep the emission system from clogging. Not good when running such implements as a post hole digger or even in some cases operating a backhoe. ""

I've heard that before about Tier 4 tractors.... that they should be run at high RPM.

But is that really the case? Has anyone run their Tier 4 like a traditional diesel tractor, one that idles a lot and then revs up to meet a load.

Would it just regen more often? If so, why care?
What are users finding out?
rScotty
Well with the 3520 I dig holes at around 1800rpm using the EA 6900. Has usually worked fine in this sand, rock, and clay mix but can be difficult with the rocks sometimes. In a rocky area one time the Pats Quick hitch let one lift arm pin lift out of the retainer and twisted the boom/bale connection before could get pto turned off. It was digging fine before grabbing the rock so no warning really. Not the PHD fault. That rock was just parked in the wrong spot. Rock dislodged before breaking shear bolt too. I figure it's just part of digging holes in rocky ground. Couple hundred other holes went OK and better than hand digging. I may take off the quick hitch before digging more holes.
As for the regen, yes the tractor regen sys will eventually clog up when running at lower rpm. I modified my equip so don't have the issue anymore and can run slower rpm for PHD, backhoe, etc.