Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #1  

ArtMech

Platinum Member
Tractor
Present: 2003 Kubota M9000 DTF; 2001 Kubota GB15. Sold: 1985 Kubota L2202
I'm going to attach a hay collector to my tractor. To do this I have to have a possibility to couple a one-way additional cylinder to be operated by the 3PH position control lever. But a problem is that I can't find a port for such connection on a tractor. Can anyone help me to find that port on M9000 if it's available? Thank you in advance.

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #2  
I take it your tractor doesn't have the option of remote hyd valves/couplers?

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #3  
If you have a spare spool in a valve, and it is a DA valve, then plug the A work port and feed the B port to the cyl.

If not, then use a single action valve in series with your tractor hyd and feed the cyl.

Surplus Center - 1 SPOOL 20 GPM PRINCE RD-2575-T3-ESA1 SA OC VALVE

Just interrupt your line before the 3pt and insert SA valve and run the OUT to 3pt.

If you need PB to feed the 3pt, then use one of the DA valves with PB and feed the PB to the 3pt. OUT port goes to tank/return.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7861&catname=hydraulic

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #4  
I take it your tractor doesn't have the option of remote hyd valves/couplers?
He must not have them thats the way I read it also. He can hook into the spot where the rear remotes go real easy. If it were me and didn't want to spend the money for kubota's remotes I would order one of the spacer plates that they use when adding 2 or more remotes. Make one just like it only 3/4 or 1" thick and drill and tap some 3/8" holes in the side to line up with the center holes. Get a SA or DA valve and hook to some QC's. If he has the rear remote he could still put it on top of them if he has the room.

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000
Sorry, I couldn't connect to the internet in my farm to post a reply.
But one local Case IH tractor owner told me, if you have a remote valve (yes, I have it), you can couple a single acting cylinder to one of its two ports. And it'll work perfectly. Is that right? I didn't do that yet (waiting for coupler - USA connection version), but I'll do it later, right after I'll get a coupler. Thank you guys for advises.

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #6  
When using a SA cyl on a DA valve,

Use the B work port and plug the A port.

If you have a QD in the A work port, that will work to plug the port.

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #7  
Yes you can couple the single hose to tractor remotes. That's the reason I ask you earlier if your tractor had remotes. I use the remotes on my M7040 to operate a one-way cylinder.

I must say very BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, guys, for the advises! No matter if it falls even behind schedule. All you have written here is clear and useful to me.

Although the situation has changed (we refused to obtain a hay collector), but the subject you have replied on will work for me in the future. In both cases - either SA or DA connections. For example, to couple a round baler (if I'll decide to obtain one), which will need to have more than one remote valve connection port.

I have finally got yesterday the USA version coupling nipples to be fitted for my single remote valve. I actually hate different technical standards between the USA and Western Europe. But what can you do :confused3: ?

Nipple 1.jpg Nipple 2.jpg

Anyway, we have successfully finished hay preparation and collection process. The hay had been pressed by a colleague who has a square baler, while my job was limited by cutting the grass and bringing the bales to the barn.

A few pics (below) of forage preparation this summer.

Pasarai 10.jpg Pasarai 12.jpg Gandrai 2.jpg Pasarai 17.jpg Pasarai 16.jpg Pasarai 18.jpg Pasarai 3.jpg Avys 4.jpg

/ Coupling a one-way cylinder to M9000 #9  
Why not just change the male hyd tip on the hose to fit the female part on tractor rather that switching complete assembly? What type of grass(forage) were you baling??

Why not just change the male hyd tip on the hose to fit the female part on tractor rather that switching complete assembly? What type of grass(forage) were you baling??

That's exactly what I did. Now these male nipples (shown in the above pics) well fit the females on a tractor. But you probably wanted to ask in another way: why not to change the female couplers on a tractor so the local male nipples would fit them? The remote valve I've ordered and fitted on a tractor is of USA standard. Looked cheaper than to obtain it locally. But if I would order it at my local dealer, it would be of European standard. At that time I didn't know there are different standards of remote valve coupling.

Here we have mixture of different types of grass: Orchard grass, Timothy, Meadow-grass, Clover, Ryegrass and many others.