craftsman tools lifetime warranty

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #101  
This discussion seems to have drifted away from Craftsman Tools Lifetime Replacement Warranty.

Not really. If Sears closes the “lifetime warranty” is worthless.

The value of the "lifetime warranty" is going to depend on the policy of Stanley Black & Decker, new owner of Craftsman Tools.

Steve

Last edited:
   / craftsman tools lifetime warranty #102  
I知 no big fan of Walmart. But, I致e not encountered any of those problems in most of them I致e gone into. Putting together a business that size does merit some respect, imho.

Yeah, I was respecting the Free Enterprise system that we have and their ability to create an empire under that ideal. What they choose to do with that Blessing is on them. No different than Sears. :)

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #103  
This discussion seems to have drifted away from Craftsman Tools Lifetime Replacement Warranty.

I have no idea what your talking about...............Albert Einstein, in his theory of special relativity, determined that the laws of physics are the same for all non-accelerating observers, and he showed that the speed of light within a vacuum is the same no matter the speed at which an observer travels........

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #104  
I have no idea what your talking about...............Albert Einstein, in his theory of special relativity, determined that the laws of physics are the same for all non-accelerating observers, and he showed that the speed of light within a vacuum is the same no matter the speed at which an observer travels........

Exactly!!!! That's been my point from the beginning.............

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #105  
The value of the "lifetime warranty" is going to depend on the policy of Stanley Black & Decker, new owner of Craftsman Tools.

Steve
I guess I have had my head in the sand, I did not know that Craftsman was sold. Such a shame.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #106  
I guess I have had my head in the sand, I did not know that Craftsman was sold. Such a shame.
Maybe not. Word is that Stanley is bringing the brand back tho the U.S. Perhaps Craftsman will come back to being quality tools.

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty
They still swap out the Craftsman tools. Bad part is that every time I trade in one that doesn't work or broken tip on the screwdriver, The " New " one I get back is lesser quality than the lesser quality one I got last time. Depending on the store, They do tend to hassle you a little about what happened or try to trade you for a beat up one that the assistant to the assistant managers assistant repaired while working 2nd shift during the Holidays.

Depends on the store.. My counter guy let me look in the drawer full of re-built ratchets and pick my replacement. The replacements said made in USA ; but no telling if the guts were imported parts,,

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #108  
Sears main competition in the sixties and earlier was Montgomery Ward. They went belly up probably forty years ago.

JC Penney had a tool line back then too. Penney痴 will probably disappear in a couple of years too.

I don稚 understand completely the nostalgia for these old companies. There are dozens of replacements that weren稚 around in the hay day of Sears, and the selection of tools and tool retailers is better now than anytime in the past.

Change is constant and inevitable.

I think you're right. Was it Penncraft? I bought what's left of this set in about 1968.

Penncraft.jpg

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #109  
I have some "Penney" tools too and when they got out of the tool business, I asked them "what about my life time warr.?"

They told me, Sears would honor it!!

SR

/ craftsman tools lifetime warranty #110  
People were posting pics of old drills so I'll do the same. This one has been in my family for as long as I can remember, I'd guess a minimum of 40 years. No idea how old it is but it seems Simpson-Sears started in the early 50's. I remember this thing being a beast to try and hold on to, it needs to be pulled apart and cleaned before I'd plug it in now.

drill1.jpgdrill2.jpg