Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #11  
As it's a pin hole leak... I would turn the tank so the leak was above the fuel. Clean the area with acetone to remove any film, then work JB Weld in to the leak. Like greasing a bearing, use a gloved finger to force the epoxy into the leak. Let it cure 24 hours before setting the tank back.

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #12  
My 1974 Ford 1/2 ton pickup original gas tank
started to leak so when tank was empty used
jb weld on it but it only lasted ten years bummer!
The rust spot was about a foot in diameter
replaced with new gas tank.

willy

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #14  
I have cleaned up a leak with sand paper and then brazed
with oxy /act with good results.

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #16  
Back in my day of working on Diesel tractors, we use to drain the tank on tractors and braze them with a torch and a small tip but that was on diesel fuel that was high Sulphur if that makes any difference, I do not know

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #17  
I used a product years ago called SealAl. Run and yellow tube. It was on a gas tank and never had another problem with the leak. You can do it as the fuel is leaking out. Not sure if you can still get it

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #18  
Use a wheel balancing weight. Lead is best.
Hold the lead against the hole and tap with a hammer until the lead is "pinched in two".
This will drive lead into the pinhole and seal it.

We patch holes in power transformers this way.

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #19  
I weld it up but that lead trick sounds nifty.

/ Crap: Diesel fuel tank leak #20  
Grind the weld a little to make a flat spot, then use a tek screw with neoprene washer - screw it into the leak directly (you could add some epoxy or JB weld to the screw before seating it). It will be sealed immediately and when the level gets below it or the tank is empty, you can fix it properly.