Cross Over or DRV adjustment

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
I have a snow plow with a 2 hydraulic cylinder angle adjustment. I installed a cross over relief valve and would like to “properly” adjust the relief valve. Is their a way to do this with just Tractor hydraulic pressure? I know I can push one side against a rock and adjust the relief by “feel”. But I was wondering what the “book” answer is. I can’t find much on YT or with a google search.... but maybe I’m searching for the wrong thing. It’s a Prince valve but I didn’t find much on the Prince sight.

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
I don't know of any way to adjust them just using your hydraulics.
You could put pressure on one side with a gauge and adjust to relief at a set pressure.
What I have done is back the adjuster off most of the way and use the blade if it was nuisance tripping,
tightnen the adjuster till it was functioning as desired.

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I put this one on my plow

1/2 NPT 3 GPM 15-3 PSI Hydraulic Cushion Valve | Relief & Cushion Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

It has a range of 1500 to 3000 psi. From the research I did I couldn't find mush on how Fisher set their's but found one place in forum where a guy said 1400 psi. My angle cylinders are good for 3000 psi. I figured I'd shoot for 2000. I counted the revolutions on the adjusting screw to see how many psi per turn. Cranked all the way in and called it 3000 psi then backed off to 2000. No idea what it really is but it works fine. Plow pushes hard but relieves when it comes up against something solid.

gg

OP
RNeumann

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
Ok that’s good info from both of you! I should be able to back off the relief valve, dead head one side of the relief valve into my gauge and increase the relief valve until I get to between 1400-2000psi right? My tractor’s main relief is set at something like 2400psi.