Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide

/ Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
Crossbow herbicide is very difficult to find in north/central Florida.

The Rural King in Gainesville, Florida regularly inventories Agri Star "Crossroad" herbicide:

2,4-D -----------------34.4%

Triclopyr BEE---------16.5%

Inert Ingredients-----49.1%

Similar? Better? Worse?......than Crossbow?

Crossbow is the only herbicide which killed spreading native Florida Blackberries in one application for me, in part of an ornamental, non-grazed pasture. I applied Crossbow with a one-gallon sprayer.

Last edited:
   / Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide #2  
Crossbow herbicide is very difficult to find in north/central Florida.

The Rural King in Gainesville, Florida sells Agri Star "Crossroad" herbicide:

2,4-D -------------------34.4%

Triclopyr BEE----------16.5%

Inert Ingredients-----49.1%

Similar? Better? Worse?......than Crossbow?

Identical active ingredients (and less expensive):

Screenshot 2018-09-10 at 5.36.34 PM.png

From Crossbow label: http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld02h006.pdf

Steve

/ Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide
Thank you, Steve, for your definitive responce.

Last edited:
   / Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide
I have been buying Rural King Crossroad herbicide when in Gainesville, Florida, 40 miles from home.

The last two visits, about two weeks apart, Rural King was totally out-of-stock on Crossroad.

Today I was in my local Tractor Supply store and chanced to read the label on:

GORDON'S BRUSH KILLER
One Gallon - Makes up to 64 gallons of spray solution.

I use 3 ounces per gallon of water = 42.6 gallons of spray solution.

Triclopyr~~~~7.81%

2,4-D~~~~~16.49%

Dicamba ~~~1.38%

Inert~~~~~73.2%

One gallon concentrate $49.99.

I have found this Gordon's herbicide ALMOST as effective as Crossbow and Crossroad. I have not sprayed GBK on Florida pasture blackberries, but I will.

Any illuminating comments on Dicamba, which I am not familiar with?

Last edited:
   / Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide #5  
I ran into the same issue finding Crossroad herbicide last year. I don't use a lot of it, but when I need it most so does everyone else and the shelves are bare for months. I bought a few gallons last winter when they had plenty at RK. I use it mainly for Multiflora Rose, berries, and poison ivy. I also use for black locust occasionally, but that's an uphill battle. I even used Crossroad in a boom sprayer on an area of lawn that was choked out by ivy and difficult weeds. I think that Gordon's product would work for me, and I use some of their other products including Trimec, but I'm comfortable getting just the right mix using Crossroads so it's tough to change.

/ Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide #6  
I googled "Dimethylamine dicamba" and got quiet a lot. It is basically a broad leaf specific herbicide.

The results also provided a link to the National Pesticide Information Center where a technical fact sheet can be found.

Hope this helps.

/ Crossbow herbicide Vs. Rural King "Crossroad" herbicide #7  
all of the RK herbicides I have used have done just as well as the "name brand" But, 2.5 gal of crossroad is $99.

2.5 gal of gly (imitator) is $35. 2.5 gal of 24d Amine is $30. $65 for the 2. 2oz of each per gal to me has done almost as well as the crossbow did. If its something really woody I will add some triclopyr to the mix.