Crown fell off tooth

/ Crown fell off tooth #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
I would never do this but.....a close friend had a crown fall off one of his back molars. Crown was probably 35-40 years old, the old fashioned ones....gold.

The crown went back on perfectly and.....he said.....it felt normal so he decided to super glue it back on.

That didn't work and after doing some research, he found it is not wise to use super glue.

He searched and found nothing but temporary solutions that seemed to focus more on pain that adhesion. He had zero pain.

He found this product. The official description would scare a person a little but after reading the many positive reviews posted by....normal people....he decided to try it.

He said it's been 4-5 days with normal chomping and...so far so good.
21F88912-1183-49A5-8D67-380E5536E024.jpeg

He got it online, about $15, probably a life time supply.

The above all according to a friend.

/ Crown fell off tooth #2  
One should be able to purchase the same glue Dentists use. There are numerous brands.

/ Crown fell off tooth #3  
Decay could be the reason it came off, it can happen without pain present. Why not have a dentist do it correctly?

/ Crown fell off tooth #5  
This brings up a good point about keeping a dental first aid kit handy. I added one of these to the medical/trauma/survival kit I keep in my truck.

Dental Medic kit

/ Crown fell off tooth #6  
I'm a big do it yourselfer. But I draw the line at surgery and dentistry.

/ Crown fell off tooth #7  
That didn't work and after doing some research, he found it is not wise to use super glue.
A tooth crown isn't a DIY project. Your friend should visit a dentist. I had a crown installed by a dentist 12 years ago and no problems so far. Their glue (or whatever it is?) is amazing.

/ Crown fell off tooth #8  
A tooth crown isn't a DIY project. Your friend should visit a dentist. I had a crown installed by a dentist 12 years ago and no problems so far. Their glue (or whatever it is?) is amazing.
I agree, strong stuff. The only way to get the crown off (porcelain) is to destroy it by crunching it with pliers. Terrible sound. Dentist only for me. $1200 ouch.

/ Crown fell off tooth #9  
Around here some dentists and optometrist work extra hours Monday through Thursday and close Friday through Sunday. This is a very unsatisfactory situation for someone with a toothache or metal in the eye and I changed eye doctors because of it. As for my dentist, he told me to get a product called Dentemp to stick crowns back on until he could do it right.

/ Crown fell off tooth #10  
I've had a few crowns come off over the years. Usually eating Starburst candy or something like that.

I've always gone back to the dentist to make sure the tooth underneath wasn't damaged or rotting before he glued the cap back on. Pretty reasonable price, too.