Crown fell off tooth

/ Crown fell off tooth #11  
I recall a dental hygienist friend of mine said crowns only have a life expectancy of 10 years? I had one fall off (gold) last year and it was decayed underneath.

/ Crown fell off tooth #12  
A crown without a root canal is a waste of money. No nerve = no pain. Good dental insurance, pull it and get an impant

/ Crown fell off tooth #13  
I've had a few crowns come off over the years. Usually eating Starburst candy or something like that.

I've always gone back to the dentist to make sure the tooth underneath wasn't damaged or rotting before he glued the cap back on. Pretty reasonable price, too.
Same here, different candy. Last time I was marathon eating Tootsie Roll Pops.

/ Crown fell off tooth #14  
I recall a dental hygienist friend of mine said crowns only have a life expectancy of 10 years? I had one fall off (gold) last year and it was decayed underneath.
Probably why it came off. About 30 years ago I slipped on some rocks and broke the fall with my chin (ouch!). When I came to, I had 2 broken molars. By the time I got back home to visit the dentist, it was late in the day. He did a couple "temporary" crowns using filling material. He warned me they'd need to be replaced eventually, but I got almost 20 years out of them before they kind of crumbled and had to be replaced. A third crown has been in place since the mid 80s with no issues.
A crown without a root canal is a waste of money. No nerve = no pain. Good dental insurance, pull it and get an impant
No root canal with any of my crowns, no issues with them (except as noted above).
I've found that dental insurance is kind of a waste of money. Most of the time it doesn't cover much beyond cleaning, X-rays and maybe a filling and the cost for the insurance is almost as much as the procedures it covers. Unless you have a much more generous plan than any I ever had.

/ Crown fell off tooth #16  
I've found that dental insurance is kind of a waste of money. Most of the time it doesn't cover much beyond cleaning, X-rays and maybe a filling and the cost for the insurance is almost as much as the procedures it covers. Unless you have a much more generous plan than any I ever had.
I agree. I have a cracked tooth that requires a crown. The insurance declined and the dentist resubmitted with additional information and evidence. It was declined again.

I'm not sure what dental insurance covers, but it appears it doesn't cover much more than what you noted.

/ Crown fell off tooth #17  
I have several crowns from years of contact sports and when I found dental implants I thought they were a game changer. Vastly superior to caps & crowns. I have to save up for them and they are a process to get done.

/ Crown fell off tooth #18  
B.T.W. what does the Tooth Fairy pay for a used crown ? Ha...

My last one was due to peanut brittle, it sucks being old, sometimes.

KC

/ Crown fell off tooth #20  
When I was working I had dental insurance I paid for every month. Found out that the dentist's price was the same with and without insurance so I was paying extra for insurance which didn't limit my costs. I dropped the insurance and paid the dentist directly and saved money. May not be the case for everyone or in a different location.