Cruise Control for CTXXXX Series?

/ Cruise Control for CTXXXX Series? #1  

Robert_Actual

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2040
Hello Everyone,

I'm in the process of purchasing a CT2040. In Western Washington we're limited with what we can do in-person so after meeting the sales guy onsite and doing a demo, we are conducting all other business via email. I think this might be the crux of the issue; I'm trying to figure out if cruise control can be added. When I design the tractor on Bobcat.com it tells me that it's a $200 option but the folks from the parts department are relaying to the sales department that this isn't possible.

I guess at this point I'm unsure if the website is incorrect or the parts people are not familiar with a new product and are incorrect. Hoping for first hand knowledge from the group who have already purchased their tractors.

Thank you in advance.

/ Cruise Control for CTXXXX Series?
Found the answer and figured I’d close out the thread for future reference.

Cruise control is available on all CT2000 series. I’m not sure if the price varies based on the tractor - mine will be $190 installed for a CT2040.

/ Cruise Control for CTXXXX Series? #3  
Found the answer and figured I’d close out the thread for future reference.

Cruise control is available on all CT2000 series. I’m not sure if the price varies based on the tractor - mine will be $190 installed for a CT2040.
Thanks for the information. I'll be receiving my CT2025 soon and I left off the cruise and linked pedal with the thought of adding them later. Glad to hear I wasn't mistaken in thinking that was possible. Left them off with the premise that it would make it simpler to teach the basics to family members so they can operate it while I'm gone for work. Second guessing that now and considering getting it added before delivery.

It’s just a switch on the dash, seems like you could leave that part out of teaching kids.

I wanted it on for mowing to ensure as I hit a pothole I don’t push down on the gas pedal and surge the tractor.

/ Cruise Control for CTXXXX Series? #5  
I just ordered a CT2025. Its not here yet, but the salesman verified that cruise control is included in the base tractor. I asked two different salesmen and they each verified that it is. I was surprised by this, because the literature makes it sound like an option.

Maybe the way the dealership orders them it’s standard? Not sure. I know there’s a lot of unknowns on this new tractor with Bobcat sales. Cruise wasn’t on my tractor when I did a demo on the lot nor on the 2035 that I compared it against. Cant speak to them all however.

/ Cruise Control for CTXXXX Series? #7  
It's like my dealer says every tractor comes with rear remotes. They don't actually, but it is the only way they bring in stock and quote it that way. It would require special order to get it without and these days I think it would take a long time to receive something that is outside the dealers normal supply chain.