Cruise Control On BX2230's

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Cruise Control On BX2230\'s

I would like to hear from the BX2230 Owner's On their opinion of that particular feature.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #2  
Re: Cruise Control On BX2230\'s

Tom,

I do not have it but got a quote from my dealer to add it onto the BX2200. $75 for the kit, and 2-3 hours at $70 per hour. I passed on the deal. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #3  

I only have 1.25 acres, and I have never used it, other than to try it out, If I had a bigger area to mow, It might be handy, but if it wasn't there I wouldn't miss it.

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's

The reason I asked is Probably will order one in the next week or two .
I figure it will be a good way to have something to do when i can't get outside.
The paper I read from Kubota says about 2.5 hours for installation. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #5  

If you do not mind please take some pictures and post them so we can all learn how to do it. $75 is not bad for teh kit, BUT when the dealer installs it for you that extra $$ makes a big difference. Then again sometimes it is better of have the dealer do it. I am going to have them install the high output alternator when they have the tractor to fix the sending unit leak on the fuel tank. I am hoping Kubota will pick up the labor cost since the tractor is out of the 2 year warranty, if not, I may be doing the labor! Then again how can Kubota not want to fix a leaking fuel tank that they admit is poor design, more to follow....

After My Experience with the hydraulic control valve, I am doing any and every task I can.
I had to drain excess Super UDT and readjust everything When i got mine back.
At least I got the valve supplied /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wouldn't even consider this if I had to pay for the labor .

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #7  

My yard is 380 feet wide by 1050 feet deep. A little over 7 acres and flat as a pancake. The cruise is great. Just set your speed and go. I couldn't see having this option around tree's and rocks or other landmine type things. I also used a drag harrow and it's great for keeping a constant creep forward. My primary purpose for the tractor of course is mowing and this feature is wonderful.

Thanks Bob .
My intention is to add this to My BX2200 in order to keep a constant speed while using a 3pt. sprayer.

I really appreciate the input! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #9  

I have same setup with BX-2230 and sprayer.....works fine for me....and cruse is great but for mowing 2.5 ac. or more.
stumper

/ Cruise Control On BX2230's #10  

My 2200 will be sporting a new CC this weekend!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif