CT2025 series M60-5 mid-mower issue compounded by poor dealer installation.

/ CT2025 series M60-5 mid-mower issue compounded by poor dealer installation. #1  

FOP

Tractor
Bobcat CT2025H
Greetings all,
I'm looking for other owners who have the 2000 series M60-5 belly mower installed to compare experiences and opinions on the lift assembly.
Bobcat calls the front a "mounting" bracket and the rear is the lift assembly (height adjustment). It was delivered by Bobcat of Richmond with the belly mower installed. I did not receive the correct M60-5 manual. They provided a M60 (1000 series) manual. have promised lots, but never follow through on their own. Lesson learned: Don't be shy.

I ordered a CT2025 in April 2020, there were none in stock in the state. It was delivered in December 2020. Bobcat at the time had the Free Loader program with a 6yr warranty. There was also a discount on three Bobcat attachments. I chose the box blade, reversible tiller, & forks. In addition, I opted for the linked pedal, mid-PTO, rear hydraulic detent+spring, and a front 3rd function (WR Long) dealer installed options. I also ordered the belly mower installed. After delivery I've installed 360° NiLight LED light bars. Other brand attachments added were a AGL-125 ditch mower, WCX-52 chipper, & Braumlight 1P-24 stump grinder. Pending purchases include a Wicked 55 grapple and considering the FEL post hole digger.

I later discovered the hard way it was assembled / prepped by a very inexperienced individual. Unfortunately it wasn't discovered until in the middle of using the AGL-125 in 8ft briars when the tractor came to an stop. The belly mower deck was removed. This left the underside of the tractor (link pedal, linkages, mower lift arms) exposed to the short nubs of the briars. The short briar stubs were able to remove the incorrectly installed retainers on the linked pedal pivot and mower lift arms. This resulted in disabling the HST foot pedals / throttle. The tractor stopped motion with a jolt, both HST pedals where pulled flush to the floor. In addition, those (now) missing retainers allowed the mower height adjustment arms to engage the ground while moving in reverse ( can you say pole vault!).

Damage: As the 3-PT hitch is raised and lowered (ditch mower, box blade, etc) The front of the mid mower lift bracket drops to the ground. This is not visible from the seat. There is no included support to hold these two arms up when the mower deck is removed and the 3-pt is lowered. On a level lawn or tarmac this is not an issue. For any other ground situation this is a huge design flaw. The result is damage when the tractor has reverse motion and 3-pt is lowered. The combined result of using 3-pt ground engaging implements (lowered) and any rearward wheel motion causes the low hanging lift arms to dig into the ground and then bends those arms. One of the two was bent 90° with only a few inches of reverse wheel motion. Remember this is not visible from the seat, let alone in tall grass/brush. Bobcat did not intend for those mower height adjustment arms to be removed (manual instructions) from the 3-pt lift arm pivot when the deck is removed. The front mount bracket yes, lift arms no. The current design requires disassembly of the 3-pt lower pivot (cotter). They slide on the 3-pt lower pivot pins outside the 3-pt lift arms. When this damage happened, it also twisted and destroyed the threaded adjustment rods, turnbuckles, and clevis that attach the lift arms to the 3-pt lift arm pivot brackets.

I opted to spend many hours to disassemble and correct the long list of short sighted mechanical decisions. I also informed dealer management and explained what happened. They provided a damaged hydraulic hose to address part of my issues. I did not allow their labor. The response to the lift arm issue was "welcome to the equipment world".

Examples of issues corrected are JC Whitney style piggy back fuses at the battery post (3rd function) instead of from the OEM fuse box, missing body and seat bolts, vulnerable routing and lack of chafe/heat protection for the added hydraulics hoses (3rd function and rear) and electric wire runs outside frame rail unprotected (3rd function). Linked pedal kit pivot installed 180° upside down (under pivot instead above). Hairpins installed outside (vs inside), Missing retainers cotter pins on the 3-pt pivots, etc. In short, I removed and reinstalled every dealer installed option. Everything the dealer touched was re-installed.

Qty #Part # Description
17403131ARM LIFT ASSY
17403132 ARM LIFT ASSY
27403133LINK ASSEMBLY

Based on comments online, it seems too frequent that multiple dealers do NOT provide the manuals that come with the equipment to the customer. They like asking $160 for those minimalist pamphlets. Sad. Please be on guard, and verify everything on the spot. Do not accept verbal promises. Get it in writing, email, text, etc.

This is a copy of the extracted pages from incorrect M60 manual delivered with the CT2025 tractor with M60-5 installed.
Anybody need the M60 manual?
It even came with tire tread patterns where it was run over at the dealer during delivery prep. I've yet to receive the correct manual from the dealer after many, many attempts.

Attachments

• M60 manual extracts for Tim Means.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
   / CT2025 series M60-5 mid-mower issue compounded by poor dealer installation. #2  
I bent mine as well. It is a poor design. If I could go back I would skip the mid mount mower all together. My issue is now one side raises and the other doesn't really move.

/ CT2025 series M60-5 mid-mower issue compounded by poor dealer installation.
I was able to straighten the black steel lift arms using a 10ft webbing lift strap, come-along, and a tree.
Pulled beside a tree, wrapped the strap at the tree base, used the come-along attached to the rear end of the lift arm and slowly bend it back.
I did finsh the work with a sledge and anvil.

The threaded rods with clevis are another story all together. Concidering recreating using US standard rod and clevis to make it affordable to replace going forward.

Did your dealer provide you a copy of the correct manual for your M60-5?