Cub Cadet 1204 wiring schematic

/ Cub Cadet 1204 wiring schematic #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Can anyone tell me if the the color coded wiring schematic is in the OEM service manual..?? I bought an '87. 1204 yesterday for cheap, to use with my Mow & Vac. Problem is, the owners grandson, cut the pigtail, along with I'm assuming several inches of wire, and removed the ignition switch, to put on his 4-wheeler. I've found a new switch, and pigtail online pretty reasonable, and would buy a new service manual, even if in CD form, to see the wiring diagram.

They partially converted it to a toggle switch for on, & off, and push button start, but never finished. There's just an array of frayed wires under the dash, and at least 1, is hot. I disconnected the battery for now, until I can get things figured out. I'd just like to get it back to the OEM configuration, so the battery will charge, get power to the electric pto clutch, etc.

I did find 2 schematics online, but, you need to register to join their service, and give them you're CC number. Not happening.....

/ Cub Cadet 1204 wiring schematic
Thanks ever so much..!! Made my day..!!

/ Cub Cadet 1204 wiring schematic #3  
I looked over the manual in the link you were kindly provided with. It is all black and white.

Usually an original paper WSM will have color schematics showing how a particular circuit works.

Cub has the practice of sending power to say the pto clutch but they control its on and off by making the ground for the clutch.
It is very confusing unless you work on them for a living.

See yellow arrow on the page attached.

If you are having trouble understanding the wiring, then keep looking on line, say eBay for someone selling an original manual. Before buying, ask the seller to send you a photo of just one page of the wiring diagram to see if it is in color.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• Forum cub elec.jpg
    Forum cub elec.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 499