Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring?

/ Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I just bought a 70s one that didn't have headlights so today I got a used set. I want to run wires like factory. I assume switch I need is a push-pull SPST and goes in hole I'm pointing to below fuse holder. Used bulbs are good, both GE made in USA (original?). Wire was disconnected but bulbs in parallel as shown, but the big ring terminal...is that grounded & if so where?
Other wire looks cut & stripped. Did that originally have a connector and go to switch?
Where does other switch terminal get power & connected where? Finally, how are wires run?
Thanks so much. If your Cub has lights a few pictures would answer everything.
20210619_160908.jpg
20210619_161028.jpg
20210619_162534.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring? #2  
Did you post this question on two different forums ?

Richard

Update, yes you did:

It is best to just focus your request for help on just one forum.

/ Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring?
Did you post this question on two different forums ?

Richard

Update, yes you did:

It is best to just focus your request for help on just one forum.
So far I haven't received help from either one!

/ Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring? #4  
In the other forum, there is a reply that show a wiring diagram and a photo of his own tractor headlight wiring.

I don't know if a detailed wiring diagram is available for your tractor or not, but if you just want the lights to work with a seperate switch, I can help you with that.

Richard

/ Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring?
In the other forum, there is a reply that show a wiring diagram and a photo of his own tractor headlight wiring.

I don't know if a detailed wiring diagram is available for your tractor or not, but if you just want the lights to work with a seperate switch, I can help you with that.

Richard
I appreciate that. Wiring it is no problem, I just wanted to run the wires like factory had them is all. A couple pictures of a 1250 or similar would be fine.

/ Cub Cadet 1250 headlight wiring? #6  
There is no light switch on my 982. There is a position on the ignition switch that runs the lights.