Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem #1  

kenpaul

Tractor
My. 1541 Cub Cadet is on its second engine is a Kohler m18
First engine seized up at 600 hours
This one started with a rear seal leak so I replaced the seal but seems to be blowing oil when running
Almost like serious pressure
Oil filter is new breather is not plugged just a lot of oil blowing out past the seal
Any thoughts?

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem #2  
If you think the breather is ok about the only idea I have is to pull the head and see what you have. Did it run low on oil when it was leaking?

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem
It may have run a bit low for a very short period low on oil but I caught it pretty quick.i took the breather cover off and blew thru the hose and it seems clear unless I am missing something. It started and runs good just a lot of oil getting flung around via the crankshaft

Should there be a lot if pressure there or not.Is there a crank case vent i am missing

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem #5  
Most small engines have a crank case vent either connected to intake manifold - carburetor area or vented directly to atmosphere. Not familiar with kohler M18 so not sure which system they have.

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem #6  
The M18 has a crankcase vent going into the bottom of the air cleaner. There should be minimal out gassing venting from this crankcase vent.

If there is a lot of bypass/venting from this crankcase vent you may have a bad valves/head gasket or rings issue. Usually if it's rings, it uses/burns oil tho.

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem #7  
Do you have equipment to perform compression test? If yes this should help diagnose if bad cylinder and possibly if valves or rings. Typically if rings shooting a little oil in the spark plug hole and immediately recheck compression will provide higher compression reading. Bad valve compression usually does not change nor would a leaking head gasket typically show compression change.

Thanks I will check the compression that helps give me some direction
Lots of pressue at the breather tube and oil fill pipe when i crank the engine over the engine doesn't use a lot of oil so will check compression

/ Cub cadet 1541 serious oil problem #9  
A leak down test would tell you more than a compression test.

Compression test is 60 lbs per each cylinder not sure what it is supposed to be
When it warms up I am thinking I will' pull the heads