cub cadet 42 rzt pto problems

/ cub cadet 42 rzt pto problems #1  

dwheelerii

hello i have a cub cadet 42 rzt the pto disengage and reengage it self while mowing. I have had somone sit on the seat with key on and pto switch pulled out. At the clutch plug that it mid wire has over 12 volts then will all the suden read 0 volts then a few seconds later read 12 again, just keeps alternating. does anyone know where i can get a service manuale oe electric schematic. i have owners manuale and parts manuale, but im stuck. I just replaced the battery. I was told that it could not be the pto switch because it would either work or not work any help would be great.

42 rzt cub cadet
model--- 17AE2ACG756
serial--- 1C137G20387

/ cub cadet 42 rzt pto problems #2  
I was told that it could not be the pto switch because it would either work or not work any help would be great.

Why can't a switch go bad? Symptoms might include intermittent action. It's an electric clutch, too, right? Clutch also could act up intermittently. My Cadet pto switch acted failed at the end of last season's mowing, then has worked fine so far this year.
Jim

/ cub cadet 42 rzt pto problems
is there a way to check the pto switch out

/ cub cadet 42 rzt pto problems
ok i have it all torn apart, both neurtral switches on the handels read over 7 volts then read zero when i push the button. both switches under the handles that engage the pto when going forward read around 11.57 when button is released and when pushed in connection reads zero compleatly open. I do not know how to check the park break switch lots of wires on this one. I see a relay but does not seem to have any wires from it going to the clutch. I can engage the pto and when pto actually engages wires at the pto sho over 12 volts and then when i hear it disengage I have no voltage at the clutch. I checked the pto switch it has over 12 volt lead and when i pull the whitch the blue wire going to the clutch i assume has over 12 volts when the clutch disengages still has over 12 volts on the blue wire. everything seems to be working. the only voltage drop seems to be at the clutch am i missing something. Could I run a jumper wire on a toggle switch from the pto strait to the clutch to ensure over 12 volts at all times to ensure the clutch is not going bad. Thanks

/ cub cadet 42 rzt pto problems #5  
I attached electrical schematic to your post in Cub Cadet Forum.

Donnie